SOTU - what do y'all think?

gwalchmai

2 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

There's likely to be an incident. Can't let a crisis of this magnitude go to waste.

Saw an article about 14 being shot at a hookah bar, which followed another such a week or so earlier. Seems patrons start arguing, whip out guns, and start shooting. But somehow such events will be used in cries for more gun control. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I wonder if he'll mention Corn Pop. He was a bad dude. Or leg hairs. Or how children like to sit on his lap.

If President Trump had said one of these things let alone all plus more the media meltdown would have been quite the spectacle.  And a never ending spectacle.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silentpoet said:

Shaggy has no concept of personal space.  He will come and check on me rather closely when I am doing on the toilet what Biden does at the Vatican in his pants.  Sometimes it is kind of touching, I was coughing pretty bad a few weeks back and he came in with a concerned look.

Every dog we have had since we married has decided that my wife is their responsibility.  We have had three males ( One miniature Poodle, two Yorkshire terriers and now a sky terrier.  Each was with us for an average of 20 years) and the present one is a female.  Each one has whined and barked when my wife goes out the front door to the mailbox across the street.  They sometimes appear frantic to watch her go.  They're happy when she comes back into the house.   

Sometime over our marriage she has been unhappy or depressed over something about her parents or the kids (maybe me?) and the dogs will try to comfort her and are attached at the hip to her till she feels better.

She is the first one to admit that the pecking order is: Me first, the dog, then her.  She is very passive (I'm getting her to be more assertive now) but she simply can't "bark" at the dogs to get their attention and command responses.  I guess I represent the authority to them.

The latest female was 14 when we got her as a rescue and we couldn't love her more, but she does occasionally have to let me know that she has her opinions and desires.  I appreciate that, but love her, nonetheless.  I don't know if she will ever simply defer to me, but it's not necessary if she knows how much I love her and want her in our family.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

I thought you were talking about Hilary for a second.

She would probably Harris’ selection for the next supposed VP. A high risk selection I suspect, especially once Biden’s term is over half gone.

Thought question: If the current and immediate successor White House occupants  are there because of 4:00an voting, would the successor’s successor be tarred with the same brush?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Don’t want him to resign. If he did we would see the woman of questionable morals and integrity move into the White House. 

I wouldn't say questionable, I would say proven immoral and a lack of integrity.  Guys even brag about her talents.

I didn't watch the speech but looked for the response to the speech on RealClearPolitics just now. AND THERE WAS ONLY ONE ARTICLE by Liz Peek writing for The Hill saying how the Republicans should have responded to all of Biden's many bogus claims.

AND THERE WAS NOT ONE ARTICLE from a Democrat source crowing about what a great speech it was --Nothing! --Crickets! And RealClearPolitics always has a good balance of articles from both Liberal and Conservative sources. It is my Go-to source for news and information.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/596263-reality-check-state-of-union-under-biden-is-dismal?rl=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

I didn't watch the speech but looked for the response to the speech on RealClearPolitics just now. AND THERE WAS ONLY ONE ARTICLE by Liz Peek writing for The Hill saying how the Republicans should have responded to all of Biden's many bogus claims.

AND THERE WAS NOT ONE ARTICLE from a Democrat source crowing about what a great speech it was --Nothing! --Crickets! And RealClearPolitics always has a good balance of articles from both Liberal and Conservative sources. It is my Go-to source for news and information.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/596263-reality-check-state-of-union-under-biden-is-dismal?rl=1

Demonrats abandoning ship?

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 11.24.52 PM.png

Yes, he actually said it, I only WISH it was fake news and that the joke wasn't on us. Strange, isn't it, how no other major news source is reporting on it as though it never happened. I'll be curious to see how long they can ignore it, but it won't surprise me if they continue to pretend that the stupidest thing ever said by a world leader in a time of national crises never happened.

Here's the link:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-gaffes-state-of-the-union-speech-iranians-ukrainians

• Like 1

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

Every dog we have had since we married has decided that my wife is their responsibility.  We have had three males ( One miniature Poodle, two Yorkshire terriers and now a sky terrier.  Each was with us for an average of 20 years) and the present one is a female.  Each one has whined and barked when my wife goes out the front door to the mailbox across the street.  They sometimes appear frantic to watch her go.  They're happy when she comes back into the house.   

Sometime over our marriage she has been unhappy or depressed over something about her parents or the kids (maybe me?) and the dogs will try to comfort her and are attached at the hip to her till she feels better.

She is the first one to admit that the pecking order is: Me first, the dog, then her.  She is very passive (I'm getting her to be more assertive now) but she simply can't "bark" at the dogs to get their attention and command responses.  I guess I represent the authority to them.

The latest female was 14 when we got her as a rescue and we couldn't love her more, but she does occasionally have to let me know that she has her opinions and desires.  I appreciate that, but love her, nonetheless.  I don't know if she will ever simply defer to me, but it's not necessary if she knows how much I love her and want her in our family.

Dog people are THE BEST,,,,, But aren't we dis.........       (never mind)

• Thanks 1