Facebook Gets Hit With ENORMOUS Lawsuit Over Alleged Privacy Violations

pipedreams

"On Monday, Texas Attorney General, Ken Paxton, initiated a lawsuit against Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook. The lawsuit targets Facebook for collecting and storing biometric data without users’ consent.

Considering that there are tens of millions of Facebook users in Texas, Facebook could be looking at a multi-billion dollar fine once all the individual fines add up.

This is not the first time Facebook has seen a case of this nature. The state of Illinois sued Facebook in a $650 million case for violating the state’s Biometric Information Privacy Act. Similar to the Texas suit, Illinois alleged that Facebook violated the act by collecting and storing biometric data without consent from the users."

https://dcenquirer.com/texas-sues-facebook/?utm_source=89381

• Like 3

I used it for awhile then stopped. Can’t remember whether I attempted to remove my personal information. Whether I did or not a friend recently told me I’m still there… and even have an accumulation of birthday wishes.

I am tempted from time to time to become involved once more, then I think “Why?”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I used it for awhile then stopped. Can’t remember whether I attempted to remove my personal information. Whether I did or not a friend recently told me I’m still there… and even have an accumulation of birthday wishes.

I am tempted from time to time to become involved once more, then I think “Why?”

I had people tell me they removed everything only to find out months or years later it still there.

• Like 1

I wouldn't cry to see FB disappear, especially if I got paid in the process...I've been annoyed with it ever since it stopped letting me play Scrabble on it with my mom and my aunt.  That was the best thing about it.  Other than that, it's only handy for buying/selling stuff.  I wish my family and friends would all get on Connectzing (like FB but without the censorship and sneaky info stealing).  Its functionality is better than MeWe, and less cluttered than both MeWe and FB.  Spring will be here soon and I'll be busy with the farm animal and garden chores and won't have time for much social media anyway.  A good thing, I think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1