'I will stand by him': Outpouring of support for Joe Rogan from former guests, some vowing to fight the campaign to cancel his Spotify podcast

pipedreams

26 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

No, I don't think he should have apologized but I don't condemn him for it like some people have. He is his own man and has his own opinion. I didn't chastise or talk down about him. People have said some crude sh*t especially about Shapiro.

I don't feel that using the N word should end your entire career and your life??? How is that any worse than the endless times I have been called a Cracker, A honkey, or a Pig.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I don't feel that using the N word should end your entire career and your life??? How is that any worse than the endless times I have been called a Cracker, A honkey, or a Pig.

Or the endless, innumerable times that people of color scream the n-word every time that they speak?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I like Joe Rogan.  I don't always agree with everything he says.  But I do respect the fact that he has calm discussions with the people on his show.  In that respect, he is the king of civil discourse. He usually seems to have done some research on the topics being discussed and does a good job of getting his guests to speak candidly.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Or the endless, innumerable times that people of color scream the n-word every time that they speak?

I personally much rather hear black guys call eachother "*****" than hear white guys calling eachother that.  I'm friends with plenty of white guys who call me that all the time and it bugs the **** outta my cracker ass! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Maser said:

I personally much rather hear black guys call eachother "*****" than hear white guys calling eachother that.  I'm friends with plenty of white guys who call me that all the time and it bugs the **** outta my cracker ass! 

I only had one friend that called me that. He was a friend in the military and he was a true friend who would watch my back and I would watch his. When we were talking by ourselves he would frequently say things about me and him being 'cover each other asses n****rs" and I think that was the only man who said that and I understood what he was saying. He came from a rough life and made a real soldier out of himself and our friendship was a great one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, minervadoe said:

I like Joe Rogan.  I don't always agree with everything he says.  But I do respect the fact that he has calm discussions with the people on his show.  In that respect, he is the king of civil discourse. He usually seems to have done some research on the topics being discussed and does a good job of getting his guests to speak candidly.  

"does a good job of getting his guests to speak candidly."

This has been my point from the very start...........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Maser said:

I've had plenty of black friends call me names, that I didn't even know what they meant.  I figured if they meant I'm white, that's ok because I am.

(maybe that isn't what they meant at all!?!)