Cart narcs. I am laughing my ass off...

gwalchmai

Not long ago,  I went into walmart.  I came out and immediately noticed a scuff on the driver's door (rental); no dent..  I scratched at it and it was plastic,  it was coming off.

I was looking confused at it, when I noticed the rearview mirror busted off and just hanging by the cables.

wtf?  How could a truck (I deduced it was a truck) bust off my mirror, way up there, and only leave a non-dent mark on the door, way down there?

Then I noticed the 60mph shopping carts ripping passed.  I was in Wyoming, and the wind was really 60mph. The ones I saw hit the curb, way down there,  and did violent flipping mid-air spins. Nascar crashes.

I dug out my tools,  had to bust a lot of the mount's insides out,  wrapped the mirror in a shirt and hammered it with a boot until it snapped back down.  It didn't fall off when you shut the door, so I figured I was good.  (The adjust buttons inside just made it make grinding noises, and the mirror wouldn't move.  Hey, it was like that when I picked it up. I never got any emails or charges for it.)

(The wind was blowing so hard,  that you couldn't open the door to get out.  You had to park somewhere else, turned 180°.)

3 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Not long ago,  I went into walmart.  I came out and immediately noticed a scuff on the driver's door (rental); no dent..  I scratched at it and it was plastic,  it was coming off.

I was looking confused at it, when I noticed the rearview mirror busted off and just hanging by the cables.

wtf?  How could a truck (I deduced it was a truck) bust off my mirror, way up there, and only leave a non-dent mark on the door, way down there?

Then I noticed the 60mph shopping carts ripping passed.  I was in Wyoming, and the wind was really 60mph. The ones I saw hit the curb, way down there,  and did violent flipping mid-air spins. Nascar crashes.

I dug out my tools,  had to bust a lot of the mount's insides out,  wrapped the mirror in a shirt and hammered it with a boot until it snapped back down.  It didn't fall off when you shut the door, so I figured I was good.  (The adjust buttons inside just made it make grinding noises, and the mirror wouldn't move.  Hey, it was like that when I picked it up. I never got any emails or charges for it.)

(The wind was blowing so hard,  that you couldn't open the door to get out.  You had to park somewhere else, turned 180°.)

You can bet - almost a sure thing - that the rental agency wouldn’t know the mirror was not working unless a subsequent renter complained. In fact rental vehicles are often trucked from place to place as seasonal demand changes, so the next rental may be in Florida.