Jack Reacher Series

DAKA

About time. I refuse to watch movies where the main characters size is a big component of the story, yet casting hires an actor a full foot shorter than the character. 

The same goes for the Swagger series where the guy they cast in the main role is a total mismatch based on age, among many other things.

• Like 3

• Administrators

I'd give it an unenthusiastic meh. It was poorly written and the acting wasn't great, in spite pf having a couple of actors involved that I like. The black detective was great in iZombie. The main actors tried, but they didn't have much to work with.

We powered through it last weekend.  I'm not a fan of Lee Child's dialogue, but I thought Prime did a good job with the material.  I have not read that particular book, but the scene where Reacher was getting bashed repeatedly with a crowbar would have resulted in his arms being broken multiple times, no matter how big his biceps are.

Oh, and the scene where he knew that the killer was a professional by the fact that they had used a 90 grain 9mm bullet (:smokin:which apparently meant it was subsonic :smokin:) just left me scratching my head.  If you're going to go subsonic with 9mm, wouldn't a pro use a 147 grain bullet with 150 more foot pounds of energy?  385 fps   VS  249 fps.  And if you're going to use a 9mm 90 grain bullet, wouldn't you want it to be going more like 1350 fps (364 foot pounds of energy). 

But, the thing that made me laugh even more was that the 6' 10" Alan Ritchson has a singing career.  Has anybody seen his video, The Mojito?  To his credit, he put on 25 pounds for the role.  And, yes, he is the physically imposing Jack Reacher that Tom Cruise was not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, minervadoe said:

We powered through it last weekend.  I'm not a fan of Lee Child's dialogue, but I thought Prime did a good job with the material.  I have not read that particular book, but the scene where Reacher was getting bashed repeatedly with a crowbar would have resulted in his arms being broken multiple times, no matter how big his biceps are.

Oh, and the scene where he knew that the killer was a professional by the fact that they had used a 90 grain 9mm bullet (:smokin:which apparently meant it was subsonic :smokin:) just left me scratching my head.  If you're going to go subsonic with 9mm, wouldn't a pro use a 147 grain bullet with 150 more foot pounds of energy?  385 fps   VS  249 fps.  And if you're going to use a 9mm 90 grain bullet, wouldn't you want it to be going more like 1350 fps (364 foot pounds of energy). 

But, the thing that made me laugh even more was that the 6' 10" Alan Ritchson has a singing career.  Has anybody seen his video, The Mojito?  To his credit, he put on 25 pounds for the role.  And, yes, he is the physically imposing Jack Reacher that Tom Cruise was not.

I call it action movie realism. Better than some worse than others. The 90 grain bullet was my first head shaker, there were others. But overall I liked it enough. It had flaws, but coming from Amazon I was impressed with how little wokeness was there. Now the Lord of the Rings show looks like it will be an underwater dumpster fire of epic proportions, but this was a decent watch.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...