The kid finally gets one...

Mrs.Cicero

My youngest daughter finally got her first javelina today, after 3 years of unsuccessful hunts.  She's out in the desert somewhere with her Great Uncle Ted and her Dad.  And now her Great Uncle is teaching her to skin and process it -which cracks me up because this is the kid that always disappears on rabbit and chicken processing days, and doesn't help me much with the deer, either).  I'm so glad she gets to hunt with her great-uncle, because I had to learn without a teacher (my husband had never processed a deer before we started hunting, either, so we did it all by the book, literally... there's still blood on some of the pages...).  Anyway, she has some great memories of hunting trips with them... and now she gets to hang out with her great-aunt and visit Sedona for kicks and giggles, while I have to can some of the rabbit and chicken in the freezers currently, because they are FULL and there is no room for the piggy.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I took my adult son out ice fishing a few days ago. Lucky bastard yards in a nearly 5 1/2-pound Rainbow from my secret fishing spot. He's on the leader board in the ice fishing derby. I have till the end of the month to out do him. Last year my big one was 4.96 pounds. It's gonna be tough.

Good luck getting a bigger one!

• Like 3

• 5 months later...