I SHOULD STAY AT HOME

DAKA

I just came home from supermarket grocery shopping.... Mrs DAKA says I should stay in the house in my own little world

PEOPLE ANNOY ME...

Inconsiderate. Lazy, Stupid, Arseholes... Makes me wonder how most of them get through the day...

The older I get the more intolerant I am

My motto is TRY TO DO THE RIGHT THING    It's getting harder to do...

Yeah I know......Calm down.....

:shoot-me:       RANT OVER.......

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

HaHa! I just got back from the grocery store, as well. Everyone I interacted with was pleasant, considerate, and trying hard to do their jobs. Little gal in front of me in the checkout spent over $200 on a buggy full of groceries. She looked kinda down. I went past her in the parking lot on the way to my truck as she loaded the last of her stuff into her car. I grabbed her empty buggy and said "Let me get that for you, ma'am!" and took it to the corral.

You'd have thought I'd bought her a turkey. She positively beamed and said "Thanks!" like no one had ever done anything for her. Didn't cost me a thing. :greensupergrin:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Angry people spread anger, find anger, hate life.

Hopefully the damnyankee snowbirds will go home next month,

Not happening till April in S FL.  (And, them damnyankee's are mostly damndemocrats)

• Like 2

I know how crappy the world feels to me so I go out of my way to be nice to people. When you run across an ******* that has just **** on your day, may I suggest instead of retaliation or retribution, you just say “I hope your day gets better.” And let them have the last word, even if it’s “ It will be as long as YOU are there.”. Smile and wave goodbye.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NPTim said:

I know how crappy the world feels to me so I go out of my way to be nice to people. When you run across an ******* that has just **** on your day, may I suggest instead of retaliation or retribution, you just say “I hope your day gets better.” And let them have the last word, even if it’s “ It will be as long as YOU are there.”. Smile and wave goodbye.

That’s a very Biblical attitude. 

• Like 2

I told the wife years ago that I will get anything she needs from the stores that I pass on my way home from work. Just tell me so I don't have to leave the house another day. That turned into, let me know what you need, and I'll get it on this one day when I go shopping.

Since the kids are getting older, I have so many extra places to go, that she does the shopping on her way home from work. I went into Walmart last month for the first time in over 6 months. I very nearly left without even looking for what I went in for.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jfost11 said:

I told the wife years ago that I will get anything she needs from the stores that I pass on my way home from work. Just tell me so I don't have to leave the house another day. That turned into, let me know what you need, and I'll get it on this one day when I go shopping.

Since the kids are getting older, I have so many extra places to go, that she does the shopping on her way home from work. I went into Walmart last month for the first time in over 6 months. I very nearly left without even looking for what I went in for.

Two miracles at local Walmart recently. They had .22LR in stock and there was a clerk in sporting goods to sell it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There is a relatively small chain (80 or so stores I think) of sporting goods stores in flyover country. They are not in or adjacent to large cities where their close competition would be Academy and Dicks and Bass Pro etc.

Dunham’s Sports.

They have clothing and exercise gear and various sports gear… AND a surprisingly rich offering of guns and ammo. Even saw a box of 10 gauge shot shells at one of the stores recently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NPTim said:

Well, bless your heart  :anim_lol:

• Haha 2

I learned to truly hate people. Dealing people on their worst days, and with the underbelly of society will do that.  I was so fortunate to spend my last 10 years working with a lot of folks who felt the same way.

Individuals? Yea, I like some of those, but people as a whole are just stressful to deal with. So happy I don't have to any more. Well, not often and I have the option to just walk away now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

HaHa! I just got back from the grocery store, as well. Everyone I interacted with was pleasant, considerate, and trying hard to do their jobs. Little gal in front of me in the checkout spent over $200 on a buggy full of groceries. She looked kinda down. I went past her in the parking lot on the way to my truck as she loaded the last of her stuff into her car. I grabbed her empty buggy and said "Let me get that for you, ma'am!" and took it to the corral.

You'd have thought I'd bought her a turkey. She positively beamed and said "Thanks!" like no one had ever done anything for her. Didn't cost me a thing. :greensupergrin:

I love little things like that.  I told one person that everyone deserves a good day in their life.  I hope what I do make this that day for you.

They smile and are quite gracious.  It's a good thing for them and it's a good thing for you.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, janice6 said:

I love little things like that.  I told one person that everyone deserves a good day in their life.  I hope what I do make this that day for you.

They smile and are quite gracious.  It's a good thing for them and it's a good thing for you.

Yep. Doing little good deeds for individuals makes you feel better about yourself and the world in general. And who knows - you may pull a thorn out of a lion's paw and it may come back to help you someday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

As a "damnyankee" I take no offense to this.  People suck.  Especially entitled damnyankees, nothing worse.  I'm no snowbird, but I do plan on retiring in the south (GA or FL).  When I visit I do my best to be courteous and polite.  I say please and thank you, good morning/day/evening, I'll hold the door for you and offer to help if I see you struggling with something.  And I am for sure no damndemocrat.

Am I the exception to the rule?  I sure hope not!  With that said, I do find that as I get older I dislike people more and more too.

A friend in mine in Georgia once told me the difference between a yankee and a damned yankee.  The damned yankees don't leave.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

I just have to make one correction to your comment.

They aren't damn yankees. It was explained to me when I first moved to Texas, that snowbirds and other traveling northerners are just yankees. Damned yankees are the ones like me that come down here and won't go back. :)

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, minderasr said:

As a "damnyankee" I take no offense to this.  People suck.  Especially entitled damnyankees, nothing worse.  I'm no snowbird, but I do plan on retiring in the south (GA or FL).  When I visit I do my best to be courteous and polite.  I say please and thank you, good morning/day/evening, I'll hold the door for you and offer to help if I see you struggling with something.  And I am for sure no damndemocrat.

Am I the exception to the rule?  I sure hope not!  With that said, I do find that as I get older I dislike people more and more too.

A friend in mine in Georgia once told me the difference between a yankee and a damned yankee.  The damned yankees don't leave.  :)

A lot of it has to do with how people drive. Damn Yankees are the worst. They never seem to learn.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 10:23 AM, MO Fugga said:

A lot of it has to do with how people drive. Damn Yankees are the worst. They never seem to learn.

I can't argue with that.  I live it every day during my commute to/from work.  But I will say the absolute worst of the worst are Virginia drivers.  Those people are nuts!

On 2/4/2022 at 12:08 PM, DAKA said:

I just came home from supermarket grocery shopping.... Mrs DAKA says I should stay in the house in my own little world

PEOPLE ANNOY ME...

Inconsiderate. Lazy, Stupid, Arseholes... Makes me wonder how most of them get through the day...

The older I get the more intolerant I am

My motto is TRY TO DO THE RIGHT THING    It's getting harder to do...

Yeah I know......Calm down.....

:shoot-me:       RANT OVER.......

Do you return your buggy to the corral when you shop, DAKA? :supergrin:

1 hour ago, minderasr said:

I can't argue with that.  I live it every day during my commute to/from work.  But I will say the absolute worst of the worst are Virginia drivers.  Those people are nuts!

The formerly solid red state of VA was invaded by enough damnyankees to vote for Obama in 2008 and it still shows on the Beltway.

646zwt.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Do you return your buggy to the corral when you shop, DAKA? :supergrin:

If... there is a corral....some of the markets here don't have them...but If I see a buggy on the way in I do take it in

• Like 1