Officially snowed in!

Mrs.Cicero

Whoopee!  The snowblower died when I was  halfway done with driveway - (I think the snow is just too wet and heavy for it) - and my shoulder couldn't take too many more tries to restart, so I have cleaned it up, shoved it back in the garage, and declared myself officially snowed in!! Yes!!  (I'm not shoveling, either, because why screw up my screwed up shoulder more?).  I am quite happy to have an excuse to say no to everything and just stay home and enjoy myself (the rest of the family is elsewhere for a couple weeks, lucky them!).  I think I'm going to clean the entire house and enjoy it NOT getting immediately messed up while everyone is gone... AFTER I spend the rest of the day quilting, and cranking out ammo.  And then I'm going to eat more of the Rabbit with Thai Peanut Sauce I made myself for supper last night.  When I finally finish off that rabbit (I expect it'll take me 3 more days), I'm going to make Potato Leek Soup, and then every other recipe I've missed because the hubby can't eat onions or tomatoes.  Did any of you get hit with this storm?  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Whoopee!  The snowblower died when I was  halfway done with driveway - (I think the snow is just too wet and heavy for it) - and my shoulder couldn't take too many more tries to restart, so I have cleaned it up, shoved it back in the garage, and declared myself officially snowed in!! Yes!!  (I'm not shoveling, either, because why screw up my screwed up shoulder more?).  I am quite happy to have an excuse to say no to everything and just stay home and enjoy myself (the rest of the family is elsewhere for a couple weeks, lucky them!).  I think I'm going to clean the entire house and enjoy it NOT getting immediately messed up while everyone is gone... AFTER I spend the rest of the day quilting, and cranking out ammo.  And then I'm going to eat more of the Rabbit with Thai Peanut Sauce I made myself for supper last night.  When I finally finish off that rabbit (I expect it'll take me 3 more days), I'm going to make Potato Leek Soup, and then every other recipe I've missed because the hubby can't eat onions or tomatoes.  Did any of you get hit with this storm?  

Our storm is coming tomorrow afternoon thru Friday morning. Enjoy yourself. tom. :cold:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My neighbor across the way just showed up with his fabulous new-this-past-summer tractor and is plowing my driveway.  Fortunately, I've already cancelled my PT appt, so I can now stay home all day if I want to, or go out if I need to (which I don't, hooray!).  All 45 blocks on my latest quilt are finished, and laid out in the order I want to sew them, so that's my project for the day in between doing farm animal chores outside at noon and 5:00.  Oh, and at some point I have to call State Farm and have my daughter added as a driver... since they aren't answering my email about it.  I'm not going to start doing the taxes til Saturday.  Because I don't want to, and there is no one here to make me!  Whoot!

• Like 1

It came in last night. Woke up to an inch of sleet/snow. Another inch has fell during the day. We had freezing rain most of last night, and are very happy power is still ginning.

A large deal for us. Snow is pretty good to move on, but ice isn't, along with all season is about the best "winter" tire we see in these parts. LOL 

Gumbo is done, neighbors are coming over for a visit and supper, so good times. No where to be the next couple of days, and it is supposed to thaw out during the day Saturday.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

We had an inch and a half. We desperately need the water. Bone dry for the next week. What’s bad is with it this dry the snowpack we do have actually evaporates. Like ice cubes evaporating in the freezer  

03AE4738-06D2-4341-8F90-4EEC6492E2EE.jpeg

That's what we're getting for the next week.

5 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

They've been salting and plowing for twelve hours straight. It's still snowing and the streets are covered. tom.:cold:

I thought you said Momma wouldn't let you out of the house. :anim_rofl2:

I did take advantage of the cold. Annealed a pile of brass in the garage without the usual sweat fest. I do it by sight so it needs to be a little low on light and raising the door makes it tough to see the flame correctly.

• Haha 1

Just now, LostinTexas said:

I thought you said Momma wouldn't let you out of the house. :anim_rofl2:

I did take advantage of the cold. Annealed a pile of brass in the garage without the usual sweat fest. I do it by sight so it needs to be a little low on light and raising the door makes it tough to see correctly.

I said THEY are plowing and salting. Not ME. tom. :whistling: