Justice Thomas scuttles pro-abortion lawyers with single challenge

pipedreams

""I understand we're talking about abortion here, but what is confusing is that we -- if we were talking about the Second Amendment, I know exactly what we're talking about. If we're talking about the Fourth Amendment, I know what we're talking about because it's written. It's there. What specifically is the right here that we're talking about?" Thomas said.

https://www.wnd.com/2021/12/justice-thomas-scuttles-pro-abortion-lawyers-single-challenge-find-right-constitution/#insticator-commenting

He was on the Court for the Casey ruling in 1992 and joined the opinion of previous Chief Justice William Rehnquist, saying, "Roe was wrongly decided, and ... it can and should be overruled."

But his distinctive questioning Wednesday made an important clarification in the debate over abortion: The choice to abort a baby is not, in and of itself, a Constitutional right. But the Constitution does uphold the rights to liberty and it promotes certain ideas of autonomy. So does abortion fall under that constitutional umbrella of liberty, specifically laid out in the fourteenth amendment?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/30/2022 at 5:11 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

Additionally, how does it deal with the liberty and autonomy of the child?

Oh they don't matter.  After all they are just unviable tissue mass.  

That one always makes the  pro baby killers feel a little less guilty.  

• Sad 2