Two Dead . Carrying With Empty Chamber.

LostinTexas

This seems to be a passionate subject. The defense is not being properly trained, to I just feel like it, to Israel does it.
I can respect the "I just feel like it". Can't agree, but respect that stance. At least you aren't making limp d___ excuses.
If you are scared of the thing, get training or leave it at home. Fear causes mistakes. Lack of training speaks for itself. This is probably some company policy to keep the guards "safe". Just a speculation, since two of them are unprepared.

Two Men Lose Their Lives

Vaya con Dios

• Sad 4

33 minutes ago, jfost11 said:

It always seemed stupid to me. 50 years ago when the vast majorityof police and security folks carried a double action revolver, did they leave the upcoming cylinder empty in case they accidentally pulled the trigger? 

With the old "Suicide"pins, they left the resting chamber open. Never heard of doing so with the upcoming chamber.

Lots of "expert" advice leads to much of this. Folk lore to most of the rest of it.  As noted "Company Policy" may well be a large culprit. You know, got to keep these folks safe from themselves. They may be correct in many cases, when they should invest in training. Those guys are often the bottom of the barrel for training and much else. At least they used to be.

There are several threads and lots of chatter on another forum (no not that one) with all the usual excuses. The particular one I'm thinking of came from someone who should very well know better, and is being taken as an "expert". Just another Youtuber.

• Like 2

I listen to the people recommending an empty chamber and I can't buy their logic.  I'm old and don't have lightning reflexes necessary for a "fast draw" and slide cycle.

I have only one advantage working for me in case I must defend my life or one that I love.  That is deception.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I listen to the people recommending an empty chamber and I can't buy their logic.  I'm old and don't have lightning reflexes necessary for a "fast draw" and slide cycle.

I have only one advantage working for me in case I must defend my life or one that I love.  That is deception.   

LMAO. I found out long ago that "Just enough" is the finger of God, or as close as we mere mortals can get, and "Fair" fighting is for losers. That is a different subject, though.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

For the risk averse crowd, this is your Huckleberry moment. Don't **** it up 

• Thanks 1

I grabbed my S&W and practiced chambering a round, and it was easy, and the thing has a strong recoil spring. It’s an old Brinks gun and beat up, but it was easy to put a round in the chamber. I am not blaming the guards, but if you are going to carry a pistol, you should be good at using it. And if you are carrying satchels of money, you should know that there are people who will kill you to get it.

Surrendering is never a good option, since you turn your life over to men that love money. Never surrender, and light them up. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

PS: loading the chamber of my .45 is so easy that it’s unreal. I have carried it cocked and locked, and that’s how I would carry it on a money truck, but still it’s easy to load up the chamber. The guards should have fought for their lives.

They should have had a shotgun man, that whole scene was messy. I watched the video and the guard did what he could, but he never expected killers to be waiting on him, that was a fatal blunder.

• Like 2