Would You Shoot A Carjacker?

Biff

Would You Shoot A Carjacker?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Shoot A Carjacker?

• Yes
    • No
    • I’m not Sure
    • No, human life is more valuable than property.

16 hours ago, Maser said:

You're telling me life can be dangerous?  I was roughed up a bit in Juvenile Hall when I was 12.  Got shot at by a rival gang of the people I was hanging out with when I was 13.  At 14 or 15 I was jumped and don't remember any of it due to being knocked out.  So yeah, I think I'm aware life is dangerous. 

You've only been here since October so I don't know anything about you or your posting habits here and too lazy to look over all your posts.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you had a legit concern about carjackings and are not just trolling.  Let's start with the cost of an average car which is about $20,000-$30,000 new.   Guess how much it costs for a good criminal defense council to represent you when the state inevitably prosecutes you for murder?  You're looking at $100,000 MINIMUM! And that's not even counting the cost of bail.  If your ISP gets subpoenaed and you participate in threads such as this talking about how you would or wanna shoot a carjacker, do you think that's gonna help your case for self-defense?  Trying to be a tough guy Rambo wannabe won't get you anywhere with the state.  Just look what happened to Michael Drejka.

And yes, sadly there are too many people in the gun community that actually want to shoot and kill someone and they talk about it all the time.  They will be spending the rest of their lives in prison if/when they act on their fantasy because all the stupid **** they've said over the years on the net will still be available to use against them. 

Michael Drejka was covered in depth around these parts. He was a half wit to shoot the guy, but the other guy was a bigger half wit to shove him to the ground, over a handicap parking spot. There are a lot of half wits in Clearwater, and Tampa, St Petersburg.

You are painting with a pretty wide brush, and I was pretty specific with my question. Calling me a wanna be Rambo is pretty lame since you don’t know me from Adam. You don’t know what I am or am not, and if my ISP records are obtained, well all it takes is a warrant. I’m willing to stand by what I have said in a court. I’ve done harder things.

And as far as being jumped, I have dents in my skull from being thrown over a hill at 5, and landing on rocks.

I spent 10 years going through torture from headaches and unstoppable nose bleeds from that. 

When I was 16, I went up the river and my life improved, I gained 50 pounds of muscle and bone from eating and manual labor,eg, working. I could handle a wheelbarrow full of dirt with ease, and I was good with a mattock and shovel too. I was as strong as an ox.

So I have had my torments and misfortunes in life. I have been through a lot.

From one viewpoint a car is an object, and how does an object compare to a life?

On the other hand, that car has financial value.  The money used to purchase the car required many hours of work.  The car being stolen is the same as those hundreds or thousands of hours of your life you worked to earn the money to pay for that car.  

And who is to say that your car, after it is stolen, won't be used for some type of crime involving injury or death to innocent people?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

From one viewpoint a car is an object, and how does an object compare to a life?

On the other hand, that car has financial value.  The money used to purchase the car required many hours of work.  The car being stolen is the same as those hundreds or thousands of hours of your life you worked to earn the money to pay for that car.  

And who is to say that your car, after it is stolen, won't be used for some type of crime involving injury or death to innocent people?

Theft and murder happen together a lot more than some people think. And if someone is willing to rob you at gunpoint, then they are probably willing to kill you as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Biff said:

Theft and murder happen together a lot more than some people think. And if someone is willing to rob you at gunpoint, then they are probably willing to kill you as well.

Yes, some are more than willing to kill you, but to many it's just a business transaction.

Just look at some of the liberal cities.  Plenty of crime happening, but as long as it's below a certain level, the prosecutors allow them to be pled down to minor incidents with little consequences because nobody was physically harmed.  It's much harder to ignore it when there is a dead body.

There are many criminals that are cowards, hiding behind the weapon.  

Some just use it as a prop.  It's there for the show of it, but stand up to them and they back down.

It's very hard to know the difference unless you actually know them and what kind of person they are.

• Like 1

The family of the carjacker says the owner of the car, driving down the street, minding his own business and not threatening or hurting anyone, didn't have to shoot the scumbag carjacker threatening his life, all he had to do was call the police.

The same police that the family of the scumbag carjacker wants to see defunded and not be allowed to be able to use deadly force to defend their lives or the lives of others. Have I got that right? I'm certain that I do.  and it's the family of the scumbag is who's responsible for his death. If they hadn't raised him up to BE a scumbag, He'd still be alive today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

People don't advertise intent. A carjacker is a person who forcefully takes control of you, your car, any freinds or family with you. A carjacker is a person who probably terrified y'all, not knowing this strangers intent, does whatever he wishes with y'all, then leaves you and your property uninjured, undamaged, wherever he decides to release you. As he walks away, you can label them. Carjacker, murderer, terrorist, kidnapper, he can be any or all of these. The important question is at what point do take action to end a situation that's out of your control and the end point of this nightmare unknown.

• Like 2