What CLP do you use? Project Farm "Tests That"

inthefrey

Looks like Clenzoil, that I have never heard of before, is a good product.

I'd like to see my go to, mineral oil, tested. Not sure how it would hold up to some of that, but still would like to see it. Not sure is would be enough to make me want to change, and I doubt it would do all that with carbon build up, but who knows. Plain diesel oil would be something to test as well.

Those aren't his test subject categories though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

Plain diesel oil would be something to test as well.

Those aren't his test subject categories though.

He "tests" hundreds of products. I personally use Mobile 1 5W-30. I just though it was interesting, especially the "lubricity" test. I was using Hopps. Switched to Mobile 1 about 5 years ago. 

59 minutes ago, inthefrey said:

He "tests" hundreds of products. I personally use Mobile 1 5W-30. I just though it was interesting, especially the "lubricity" test. I was using Hopps. Switched to Mobile 1 about 5 years ago. 

Yea, been using diesel oil for lube, and mineral oil for protectant. It is good for all purpose in bolt guns. Been using the combo for decades in triple digit heat and sub zero cold. M1 seems to have a lot of the carbon dissolving properties that the diesel oi has. I never saw any difference between syn and dino oil in this application. I guess if it got cold enough, but then, I wouldn't have been there anyway by choice. LOL

If it works, it works. I'm not constantly on the lookout for the next greatest thing, but it is nice to see what lives up to the hype just in case.