Jump to content

Leftist writer calls for parenthood to be abolished to achieve equity, says your children should be given to 'homeless neighbors' or to the state


pipedreams
 Share

Recommended Posts

Doesn't get much crazier than this.

"The outlandish proposal was presented in an article published in the "opinion" section of the Ventura County Star – a daily newspaper published in California. The publication is owned by Gannett – the largest newspaper company in the United States. The article, titled "California should abolish parenthood, in the name of equity," was also republished by Yahoo in its "news" section.

The article touts Californians as having the goal of "equity" to be their "greatest value." However, Mathews notes that parenthood prevents true equity because "fathers and mothers with greater wealth and education are more likely to transfer these advantages to their children, compounding privilege over generations."

To combat this perceived inequity, Mathew presents a "solution" of "making raising your own children illegal."

The radical proposal calls for wealthy parents to "trade" kids with poor families and vice versa. Mathews – who describes himself as a "dad" in his Twitter profile – even suggests, "Homeowners might swap children with their homeless neighbors.""

https://www.theblaze.com/news/leftist-writer-abolish-parenthood-for-equity?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New-Trending-Story_WEEKEND 2022-01-15&utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Breaking News

"The leftist writer explains how abolishing parenthood would benefit Democrats.

"Democrats also would have the opportunity to build a new pillar of the safety net — a child-raising system called 'Foster Care for All,'" he says."

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Doesn't get much crazier than this.

"The outlandish proposal was presented in an article published in the "opinion" section of the Ventura County Star – a daily newspaper published in California. The publication is owned by Gannett – the largest newspaper company in the United States. The article, titled "California should abolish parenthood, in the name of equity," was also republished by Yahoo in its "news" section.

The article touts Californians as having the goal of "equity" to be their "greatest value." However, Mathews notes that parenthood prevents true equity because "fathers and mothers with greater wealth and education are more likely to transfer these advantages to their children, compounding privilege over generations."

To combat this perceived inequity, Mathew presents a "solution" of "making raising your own children illegal."

The radical proposal calls for wealthy parents to "trade" kids with poor families and vice versa. Mathews – who describes himself as a "dad" in his Twitter profile – even suggests, "Homeowners might swap children with their homeless neighbors.""

https://www.theblaze.com/news/leftist-writer-abolish-parenthood-for-equity?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New-Trending-Story_WEEKEND 2022-01-15&utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Breaking News

"The leftist writer explains how abolishing parenthood would benefit Democrats.

"Democrats also would have the opportunity to build a new pillar of the safety net — a child-raising system called 'Foster Care for All,'" he says."

Just when you think that no one could be more stupid and ignorant than when they publically say what they think, along comes a greater stupid idiot and proves you wrong.

I wish the author's parents had given him to a serial killer so we could find out just how his theory would come out.  Maybe to the serial killer's neighbor....................................:599c64365a11b_brickwall:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Gunboat1 said:

"Mathews" needs to be institutionalized, for his own good and for the good of the society.  You can't fix that kind of crazy.

Problem is there are a bunch of Mathews loose in our society.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

his Parents should have started with him.

"Journalists" say dumb **** like this to get a Headline, its the only way they stay Syndicated anymore.

Newspaper Circulation drops by Percentages every year, it has not Increased in over a Decade and few are even Maintaining the Circulation they have now.

 

these MoonBats have to say Stupid things to get Publicity to even get Internet Headlines to get Ad Revenue.

all it is is an attention grabber to get TV time and Ad clicks.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Whether to give your children to the state or to a drug addled homeless psycho would be a tough choice but ultimately the kids might be better off with the psycho.

 

One psycho, or a million organized ones? Hard choice indeed.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Whether to give your children to the state or to a drug addled homeless psycho would be a tough choice but ultimately the kids might be better off with the psycho.

 

My family took in foster kids and adopted 2 kids. Most of them came from some really fucked up situations. Kids shouldn't be taken from the frying pan and tossed into the fire.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

My family took in foster kids and adopted 2 kids. Most of them came from some really fucked up situations. Kids shouldn't be taken from the frying pan and tossed into the fire.

My wife's family did too. That rodeo ain't for just any cowboy. Net gain in misery.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

My wife's family did too. That rodeo ain't for just any cowboy. Net gain in misery.

We sometimes had up to 12 kids in the house. Started out with just us 4 brothers, then there were 2 adopted kids, and guardians for 3 siblings, plus fosters.  Seems there was often 1 or 2 just flopping there because they had nowhere else to go. Had an NDN friend from the Rez who would stop by in the middle of the night and curl up on a rug on the floor in the bedroom I shared with one of my brothers. Usually, he was on his way home riding his motorcycle and was too drunk to continue. Interesting times.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Please Donate To TBS

    Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...