Dragons, Gods and Fantasies

Swampfox762

These are masterfully done. Thanks for posting.

So, here's my question: If such great fantasy  artists abound, why are the covers of most fantasy novels so poorly drawn? Often, embarrassingly so!

(At least they were decades ago when I was reading them. I honestly don't know if that's still true).

• Like 1

Had an iguana (it got to 6'), for a couple decades.  They'll give you a pretty good insight on how dragons move and act.

They can't be "tamed".   You just learn how to not get bit, whipped, clawed so much.

They "see movement" (just like the jurassic park movie said).  That means if there is melons in a dish,  dogfood in a dish, chickenguts in a dish, and your hand is in there, moving them all around,  your hand is getting bit.  To the bone.

And they don't need wings to "fly".  Made-for-jumping legs, a writhing body, and a whipping tail,  will keep them airborne for waaay longer than you would think possible.

If he hit an open body of water,  he'd just take off like a snake.  Very cool to watch.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Maccabeus said:

These are masterfully done. Thanks for posting.

So, here's my question: If such great fantasy  artists abound, why are the covers of most fantasy novels so poorly drawn? Often, embarrassingly so!

(At least they were decades ago when I was reading them. I honestly don't know if that's still true).

They really are some incredible artists.  I honestly have No Idea of a mind that can create a vision like that and put it to paper so realistically.

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to Dragons, Gods and Fantasies