Fried Catfish And Talapia

Biff

On 12/30/2021 at 10:36 PM, Biff said:

No real recipe or anything, I just like to buy them frozen and fry them up. I like Texas Pete or Tabasco hot sauce, to spark things up with.

Does anyone here have a good recipe for them?

Cook fish.  Put Ketchup on.  Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

yeah, but we're talking about tilapia and catfish, not good seafood.

I know that there are actual CATFISH, I used to catch small ones in a river in NY, but is there actually a fish called TILAPIA

ps   After i found out how they are "farmed" I don't eat it anymore....PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT ANY OTHER FARMED FISH

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DAKA said:

I know that there are actual CATFISH, I used to catch small ones in a river in NY, but is there actually a fish called TILAPIA

ps   After i found out how they are "farmed" I don't eat it anymore....PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT ANY OTHER FARMED FISH

the saying holds true, "ignorance is bliss"

• Haha 1

Catfish yes, tilapia no.

The lake where I live has catfish, but they're pretty boring to catch imho, so I stick with Bass.  Sometimes the kids use crickets and catch bream.  My recipe is pretty straightforward.

Filet, rinse, dip in milk, dip in a mixture of cornmeal, flour, a dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder, fry, eat. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2022 at 11:43 AM, Walt Longmire said:

I catch my own. Salmon, Halibut, Rock Fish. Fresh from the icy waters of Kachemak Bay, Right to my grill or cast iron pan. Little or no seasonings. Maybe some home made tartar sauce.

Grayling my friend...Grayling.

• 3 months later...

I catch a **** ton of ocean fish.  Like Walt's, mine usually go on the grill, or cast iron....salt, pepper, and butter.  Fresh fish is usually best with the least jacking with.

But, I will cure things like Spanish mackerel in sake lees for several days.

Several years ago, I learned about ike jime, the Japanese method of dispatching fish.  If you fish, you should learn it.  It works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In an effort to market Asian Carp they now have a new name.   Asian Carp are not native to North American waters.   Asian carp — or whatever the fish will soon be called — marketing push will seek to connect with grocery stores, restaurants, and institutional places.

Provided Drumroll, please. The new name for Asian carp is ... Copi.

24 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

In an effort to market Asian Carp they now have a new name.   Asian Carp are not native to North American waters.   Asian carp — or whatever the fish will soon be called — marketing push will seek to connect with grocery stores, restaurants, and institutional places.

It ain't TILAPIA    (I hope)

On 8/14/2022 at 3:31 PM, pipedreams said:

I'd put them in my crab pots if someone gave them to me. :P

• Like 2

On 8/14/2022 at 3:31 PM, pipedreams said:

By most accounts it's a very good whitefish. And they don't need to farm it. The bastards are taking over everything. I really hope McDonalds starts using it in their fish sandwiches.