TBS Fundraiser Ends Saturday, 15 January, 2022!

Eric

• Administrators
1 minute ago, railfancwb said:

The Kel-Tec is a fun pistol to shoot. Well balanced and accurate. Loading the magazines not so much. Bought a gadget to help but haven’t yet been to the range with it. For the volume shooter Kel-Tec offers a kit to upgrade the magazines to 50 rounds. Won’t buy one until I master loading 33. 

I've seen those mag extensions. They look pretty cool. When the rounds are stacked four across, an extention doesn't have to be very tall to add a lot of capacity. The CP33 is the first pistol magazine I ever saw with a round mag spring, incidentally. Interesting.

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, MO Fugga said:

My bad. Nobody sneers at .22 around here. Carry on. :599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

And I agree. 33 rounds of ANYTHING placed on target is going to have the desired affect. That is a hell of a lot of capcity in a flush-fit magazine. Kel-Tec is an innovative company. Nice folks too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

And I agree. 33 rounds of ANYTHING placed on target is going to have the desired affect. That is a hell of a lot of capcity in a flush-fit magazine. Kel-Tec is an innovative company. Nice folks too.

I had 3 P-11s, and a SCCY copy. Great introductory or transition piece. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eric said:

I sneer at everything that isn't .45ACP and at my own reflection, but then I am a bit weird. Don't mind me.

I believe you had a real hand in the development of 10MM popularity. Wether you wanted to or not. There are thousands more owners currently than if they didn't do GT.

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

I sneer at everything that isn't .45ACP and at my own reflection, but then I am a bit weird. Don't mind me.

How is that weird?

Once the .45 ACP cartridge and before that, the .45-70 cartridge was perfected, they didn't need to keep trying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

I had 3 P-11s, and a SCCY copy. Great introductory or transition piece. 

I have a P3AT that I carry when I can't carry my Kimber. That little pistol is well-travelled. I went through several of them and rep[laced them until I finally bought one with the hard-chrome finish. I use their optional built clip to wear the pistol inside the waistband and the slides would corrode from skin contact. The hard chrome job cured that. I've carried that little pistol for almost a decade now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

I believe you had a real hand in the development of 10MM popularity. Wether you wanted to or not. There are thousands more owners currently than if they didn't do GT.

Yeah, that site undoubtedly sold a boatload of Glocks. I should have set up some sort of associate program with Glock. :greensupergrin:

• Like 2

I've got a PMR 30.  Once you start pullin the trigger of that puppy...the range sorta stops and just looks in befuddled wonderment.  No recoil, just bang, band, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang...seemingly on and on and on.  Sweet man.  Accurate as all Hell too!!! 

I'll throw another donation at ya tomorrow cause ya added another gun, and a hell of a gun it is!!!  BUT...I'll turn that one back to you too sir.This has got to be the BEST contest I've ever entered into!!!  ****!!!  This is even better than the monthly give away at American Hand gunner!!!:patriot:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
Just now, Swampfox762 said:

I've got a PMR 30.  Once you start pullin the trigger of that puppy...the range sorta stops and just looks in befuddled wonderment.  No recoil, just bang, band, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang...seemingly on and on and on.  Sweet man.  Accurate as all Hell too!!! 

I'll throw another donation at ya tomorrow cause ya added another gun, and a hell of a gun it is!!!  BUT...I'll turn that one back to you too sir.This has got to be the BEST contest I've ever entered into!!!  ****!!!  This is even better than the monthly give away at American Hand gunner!!!:patriot:

Thanks, brother. Merry Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2021 at 9:11 PM, Eric said:

I have a P3AT that I carry when I can't carry my Kimber. That little pistol is well-travelled. I went through several of them and rep[laced them until I finally bought one with the hard-chrome finish. I use their optional built clip to wear the pistol inside the waistband and the slides would corrode from skin contact. The hard chrome job cured that. I've carried that little pistol for almost a decade now.

I read somewhere, but don’t know whether fact or fiction, that Kel-Tec collected a worthwhile amount from Ruger because Ruger’s first LCP was a bit too close to P3AT

Since introducing the LCP Ruger has added to that family the LCP II and the LCP MAX as well as the LCP II Lite in 22. I asked and Ruger said they had no plans to add the “Lite” slide design to the 380.

• Administrators

This is the last week of our fundraiser, which ends on Jan 15th. We will pick winners for the prizes the following Friday.

In retrospect, choosing to run this effort over Christmas season wasn't a great idea. Hopefully, things will pick up during this last week. I want to thank again everyone who has donated. I know that things are tough all over and your generosity is much appreciated. I couldn't keep this place running without you. Eric

• Like 2

• Administrators

I just spotted a problem that might have been preventing some people from being able to contribute. The donation area was not accessible unless the reader was logged into the site. I just changed the settings to allow guests to access that area.

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to TBS Fundraiser Ends Saturday, 15 January, 2022!
  • Administrators
The Bore Site fundraising effort ends tomorrow night, Saturday, 15 January, 2022. Each ten dollars of your donation gives you another chance to win one of the three great prizes outlined below.

The donation system was not initially allowing guests and members who were not logged in to participate. I noticed this issue last week and corrected it. It is not necessary to be a TBS member, or to be logged in, to enter.

Winners will be chosen and announced a week from this Saturday. If you are paying by check, you have until next Saturday for the payment to arrive and still be entered in the drawing.
  • Thanks 1

• Eric unpinned this topic