TBS Fundraiser Ends Saturday, 15 January, 2022!

Eric

• Administrators

12-31-2021: A quick update to the fundraiser announcement. For those that missed it, there are now three firearms being offered as prizes. I'll list them here. The original first prize is covered in this post below and the other two prizes are covered in other posts further down this page, with pictures.

1. A never-fired Spike's Tactical Snowflake Edition AR15. The rifle has a foregrip, gunlight mount & vertical foregrip, a Hogue pistol grip and a Surefire weapon light with remote switch mounted to foregrip. I'll offer the package with 3 30-round Magpul magazines and a nylon softside case. The Surefire weapon light also has a quick-release mount (See Link below for more pics).
  2. The new second prize is a Kel-Tec CP33 .22LR semi-auto pistol. This pistol comes with its hardside case and two 33-round flush-fit magazines. Yep, 33 rounds inside the grip! The magazines stack the rounds four-abreast to accomplish that. It is a sweet pistol. It features a full Picatinny rail on top, a Magpul M-Lock port on the dust cover, an ambidextrous safety, fiber optic sights and a threaded barrel w/ thread protector cap.
  3. Third prize is a a stainless steel & black Rossi break-over convertible .22Mag/.410 shotgun combo gun, with carrying case. I am a big fan of break-over convertibles like this and .22Mag & .410 shotgun are two calibers with an awful lot of utility between them. This is an ideal gun to toss in the trunk, or under the seat of a truck and forget about it, until you need it. The gun breaks down and switches between calibers in seconds. I've never fired this rifle (Got it barely used many years ago), but I've always had this one or one like it sitting around somewhere. It's a good little gun.

Hi folks. The last time I had one of these, we kicked around the idea of doing these donation drives quarterly. It has been a bit longer than that, but I thought I'd take another run at it. From now until say Jan 15, 2022, anyone who donates is entered in a drawing for a never-fired Spike's Tactical Snowflake Edition AR15. The rifle has a Magpul foregrip, gunlight mount & vertical foregrip, a Hogue pistol grip and a Surefire weapon light with remote switch mounted to foregrip. I'll offer the package with 3 30-round Magpul magazines and a nylon softside case. The Surefire weapon light also has a quick-release mount (See pics).

(If you wonder what that is wrapped around the handguard, I like to use a nylon/elastic blowsing garter to secure the remote light switch cable. Old habit.)

Each $10 of donations gets you another chance to win. I'll make the entry date retroactive to a couple of members who donated last week.

This is a great rifle, folks. I could use your help raising some funds for the site and this AR could use a new home. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

http://theboresite.com/donate/make-donation/

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

http://theboresite.com/donate/make-donation/

Scroll down for update on second and third prizes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• Administrators

I've been kicking around ideas for a while now for a website I could build that would help finance and grow TBS as well. I recently came into a situation that has some real possibilities. My brother recently won a huge lot of general aviation, military aviation and general military books, pamphlets, brochures, pictures and documents from a large university. There are more than eighty boxes of content. Almost all the content is pre-1980, most is pre-1970 and some of it goes back as far 1910. For instance, there are boxes of volumes of Jayne's Aircraft books, the oldest of which is a 1912 edition. That is three years after they began publication.

There is a large amount of content covering every aspect of civil & military aviation (and space programs) from the 1920's through the 1960's. Almost all of this content exists in the public domain. So, I am going to scan as much of it as I can, process & organize it and build a system of aviation & military websites around it. These tens of thousands of pages of text and picture content will provide a truly enormous amount of search engine fodder, to help grow the system. The content is going to be pretty amazing and some of it simply might not exist elsewhere.

Those of you who know me, know that I am a fan of most things military & aviation, so this will be a fun project. It also has a lot of potential for ad sales, which will benefit me and TBS. The Bore Site isn't big enough right now to be an enticing prospect for potential advertisers and even if I can grow it larger, I would like to avoid saddling it with a lot of ads. Something has to pay the bills though and I hope the new site will do the trick. It will take many months of work to scan all that content and build & populate the new site. Once it is up, it will take many more months for it to gain some traction and start generating traffic, but it will get there. I have already started scanning content and have captured some great stuff. I will be using part of the proceeds from this fundraising effort to buy a faster scanner. One that is better suited to scanning large books and processing large volumes of content quickly. I could be at it for years, just using my current flatbed scanner.

Anyway, I thought I would share the new idea with you all. In the coming months, I will also be sharing some of the scanned content here, to see what you guys think of it. There is some real treasure in that stuff. I'll post the first of it here in the next couple of days.

Anyway, I want you all to know how much I appreciate your support keeping this place running. I couldn't have managed it this far without your help. It will take a lot of work to make it happen, but I believe the new system I am building will help support the place moving forward, once it is completed. I just have to get it done. So, back to the scanner I go. Merry Christmas everyone. Eric

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Pima Pants said:

I attempted to donate but it says it's for the G19 giveaway.

I haven't update it yet, but the system will still work. I'll update the wording later tonight. Sorry about that.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Eric said:

I've been kicking around ideas for a while now for a website I could build that would help finance and grow TBS as well. I recently came into a situation that has some real possibilities. My brother recently won a huge lot of general aviation, military aviation and general military books, pamphlets, brochures, pictures and documents from a large university. There are more than eighty boxes of content. Almost all the content is pre-1980, most is pre-1970 and some of it goes back as far 1910. For instance, there are boxes of volumes of Jayne's Aircraft books, the oldest of which is a 1912 edition. That is three years after they began publication.

There is a large amount of content covering every aspect of civil & military aviation (and space programs) from the 1920's through the 1960's. Almost all of this content exists in the public domain. So, I am going to scan as much of it as I can, process & organize it and build a system of aviation & military websites around it. These tens of thousands of pages of text and picture content will provide a truly enormous amount of search engine fodder, to help grow the system. The content is going to be pretty amazing and some of it simply might not exist elsewhere.

Those of you who know me, know that I am a fan of most things military & aviation, so this will be a fun project. It also has a lot of potential for ad sales, which will benefit me and TBS. The Bore Site isn't big enough right now to be an enticing prospect for potential advertisers and even if I can grow it larger, I would like to avoid saddling it with a lot of ads. Something has to pay the bills though and I hope the new site will do the trick. It will take many months of work to scan all that content and build & populate the new site. Once it is up, it will take many more months for it to gain some traction and start generating traffic, but it will get there. I have already started scanning content and have captured some great stuff. I will be using part of the proceeds from this fundraising effort to buy a faster scanner. One that is better suited to scanning large books and processing large volumes of content quickly. I could be at it for years, just using my current flatbed scanner.

Anyway, I thought I would share the new idea with you all. In the coming months, I will also be sharing some of the scanned content here, to see what you guys think of it. There is some real treasure in that stuff. I'll post the first of it here in the next couple of days.

Anyway, I want you all to know how much I appreciate your support keeping this place running. I couldn't have managed it this far without your help. It will take a lot of work to make it happen, but I believe the new system I am building will help support the place moving forward, once it is completed. I just have to get it done. So, back to the scanner I go. Merry Christmas everyone. Eric

Here is a link to a little book I scanned and processed earlier. It is a promotional book for the 1930 film Hell's Angels, directed by Howard Hughes.

• Like 3

I'ts Christmas!!!!  Ya know if everyone that POSTS and comments here, would just give 50-100 Measly Bucks Ya might end up with a GREAT Christmas Present, and Help this board stay around awhile. :patriot:  If I win, I'll just let him keep it and run the raffle again.  I'm gettin older and I really got as many guns as I truly need.  AND, MY SIL, just bought his own anyway!!

• Like 3

• Eric changed the title to Updated: Donate 2 TBS - Giving Away an AR15 - New Second Prize Rifle Added!
14 hours ago, Eric said:

It looks like I picked the wrong time of year to do a fundraiser. I didn't think this one through.

I am going to sweeten the pot a little. I am going to offer a stainless steel & black Rossi break-over convertible .22Mag/.410 shotgun combo gun, with carrying case, as a second prize.

I am a big fan of break-over convertibles like this and .22Mag & .410 shotgun are two calibers with an awful lot of utility between them. This is an ideal gun to toss in the trunk, or under the seat of a truck and forget about it, until you need it. The gun breaks down and switches between calibers in seconds. I've never fired this rifle (Got it barely used many years ago), but I've always had this one or one like it sitting around somewhere. It's a good little gun.

Anyway, first prize will be the Spike's Tactical AR15 and second prize will be this little rifle. Good luck everyone and thanks again for the support. Merry Christmas.

Click Here to Donate

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

Click Here to Donate

I have one, black in .22lr and .410. any idea why I can't close the barrel with a shotgun shell in it? Tack driver in 22.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

I have one, black in .22lr and .410. any idea why I can't close the barrel with a shotgun shell in it? Tack driver in 22.

There is probably some crud built up in the ejector mechanism bore. You can drive those pins out and disassemble it to clean it, but you need to be careful. There is a powerful spring lurking in there and it will get you if it can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Eric said:

It looks like I picked the wrong time of year to do a fundraiser. I didn't think this one through.

I am going to sweeten the pot a little. I am going to offer a stainless steel & black Rossi break-over convertible .22Mag/.410 shotgun combo gun, with carrying case, as a second prize.

I am a big fan of break-over convertibles like this and .22Mag & .410 shotgun are two calibers with an awful lot of utility between them. This is an ideal gun to toss in the trunk, or under the seat of a truck and forget about it, until you need it. The gun breaks down and switches between calibers in seconds. I've never fired this rifle (Got it barely used many years ago), but I've always had this one or one like it sitting around somewhere. It's a good little gun.

Anyway, first prize will be the Spike's Tactical AR15 and second prize will be this little rifle. Good luck everyone and thanks again for the support. Merry Christmas.

Click Here to Donate

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

Click Here to Donate

THAT's NICE!!! 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Eric said:

There is probably some crud built up in the ejector mechanism bore. You can drive those pins out and disassemble it to clean it, but you need to be careful. There is a powerful spring lurking in there and it will get you if it can.

I know, and it scares me! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

I know, and it scares me! 

Just close the action on it as much as it will allow, drive the pin out, wrap a bath towel or something around it and open it. It only gets you if you let it surprise you. 

• Thanks 2

• Administrators

I've decided to add one more prize to this fundraising effort. Hopefully, this will put us over the top. This new prize will become the second prize and the Rossi combo rifle will become the third prize.

The new second prize is a Kel-Tec CP33 .22LR semi-auto pistol. This pistol comes with its hardside case and two 33-round flush-fit magazines. Yep, 33 rounds inside the grip! The magazines stack the rounds four-abreast to accomplish that. It is a sweet pistol. It features a full Picatinny rail on top, a Magpul M-Lock port on the dust cover, an ambidextrous safety, fiber optic sights and a threaded barrel w/ thread protector cap. Its a tough decision to offer this one up, but it will make a great plinker for one of you. Good luck to everyone and thanks again for your support. Merry Christmas.

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to Updated Again: Donate 2 TBS - Giving Away an AR15 - New Second Prize PISTOL Added!
16 minutes ago, Eric said:

I've decided to add one more prize to this fundraising effort. Hopefully, this will put us over the top. This new prize will become the second prize and the Rossi combo rifle will become the third prize.

The new second prize is a Kel-Tec CP33 .22LR semi-auto pistol. This pistol comes with its hardside case and two 33-round flush-fit magazines. Yep, 33 rounds inside the grip! The magazines stack the rounds four-abreast to accomplish that. It is a sweet pistol. It features a full Picatinny rail on top, a Magpul M-Lock port on the dust cover, an ambidextrous safety, fiber optic sights and a threaded barrel w/ thread protector cap. Its a tough decision to offer this one up, but it will make a great plinker for one of you. Good luck to everyone and thanks again for your support. Merry Christmas.

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

The Kel-Tec is a fun pistol to shoot. Well balanced and accurate. Loading the magazines not so much. Bought a gadget to help but haven’t yet been to the range with it. For the volume shooter Kel-Tec offers a kit to upgrade the magazines to 50 rounds. Won’t buy one until I master loading 33. 

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to TBS Fundraiser Ends Saturday, 15 January, 2022!
  • Eric unpinned this topic