Well I screwed up.

Batesmotel

That's how I used to feel a long time ago when day trading, panic selling a stock that went against me with a loss, just to see it triple in price later on, on the same ******* day. Also called "getting faked out" in a bull-trap.

Waiting for an opportunity that presents itself is a true art. Acting on it without hesitation is another one.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, crockett said:

That's how I used to feel a long time ago when day trading, panic selling a stock that went against me with a loss, just to see it triple in price later on, on the same ******* day. Also called "getting faked out" in a bull-trap.

Waiting for an opportunity that presents itself is a true art. Acting on it without hesitation is another one.

Second guessing oneself tends to be more fatal than doing nothing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Second guessing oneself tends to be more fatal than doing nothing.

This, is true wisdom!  After all my life I still regret the doing nothing part.

1. I passed on an original Shelby Mustang in 1966 because I I was so stupid I didn't know what they were.  It was in an insurance salvage lot.  My BIL and I rebuild muscle cars for resale.  The Shelby went for $200.  It needed body work.

I saw a wood carving of a woman that was the most beautiful thing I have seen done by a wood carver.  It was $90.  I almost cry now when I think it could have been mine.

I worked in the original crew that started Medtronics.  I passed on the stock cause I was just out of the Navy, just married and  out of money for a while.

I worked for UNIVAC and a friend of mine was torn between buying a Corvair or Control Data Stock when it was issued.  He bought the Corvair.

Last, but not the least.  My wife and I were virgins when we got married at 18.  To this day I wish I had known how to make our first night together as wonderful as it is now.

I regret not knowing just how to make that night the most wonderful night she would ever experience.  She says it was, but now I know soooooooo much more!!!!!!!!!

Regrets are what is the worst thing about dying.  Hug somebody!

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, janice6 said:

This, is true wisdom!  After all my life I still regret the doing nothing part.

1. I passed on an original Shelby Mustang in 1966 because I I was so stupid I didn't know what they were.  It was in an insurance salvage lot.  My BIL and I rebuild muscle cars for resale.  The Shelby went for $200.  It needed body work.

I saw a wood carving of a woman that was the most beautiful thing I have seen done by a wood carver.  It was $90.  I almost cry now when I think it could have been mine.

I worked in the original crew that started Medtronics.  I passed on the stock cause I was just out of the Navy, just married and  out of money for a while.

I worked for UNIVAC and a friend of mine was torn between buying a Corvair or Control Data Stock when it was issued.  He bought the Corvair.

Last, but not the least.  My wife and I were virgins when we got married at 18.  To this day I wish I had known how to make our first night together as wonderful as it is now.

I regret not knowing just how to make that night the most wonderful night she would ever experience.  She says it was, but now I know soooooooo much more!!!!!!!!!

Regrets are what is the worst thing about dying.  Hug somebody!

Pains me to only be 46 and out of hugs to give.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, MO Fugga said:

Pains me to only be 46 and out of hugs to give.

Only a couple years older... and my desire to hug anybody is zero.

Personal space needed is about a 15 feet radius. With a fence in-between. For a maximum of a couple minutes a day. On a good day. And those days are rare.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DAKA said:

Yeah Yeah,,,, IBM stock, Apple stock.....etc

Even cars these days, My brother just sold the 2018 VW convertible he bought new for $28,000 to Carvana for $31,000.....Granted it only had 6,000 miles onit

Carvana just offered me $28k for my 2018 Tacoma that I paid Carmax $23k for in 2019. I'm keeping it, though. I need the truck more than the money.

• Like 1