Grades are racist.

Silentpoet

Stupidest load of drivel I've read today.  If we can teach a parrot to scream, "Let the bodies hit the floor!" we can damn well grade papers according to the quality of the paper and not the "labor" that went into writing it.  If I can write 1000 words in 2 hours with good grammar and spelling, but it takes Johnny 12 hours to write the same amount and quality of thought and edit it to the same degree, why the hell should Johnny get a better grade than I do when he's less efficient at the job?  

Next up, paying people to not work at all!  Oh wait, we just did that, too...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

isn`t it more Racist to Assume that Whites Labor less than others do on assignments.

i mean going into it assuming that Minorities have a harder time completing assignments because of Race is the basis of Racism and is telling about the mindset of Professors and Liberal bastion Universities.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

So it's  not right to measure the proficiency of teachers by determinng how well the teachers can communicate information to their students using grading as a measure?

This seems rather self serving of the teachers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

so you're supposed to grade them on the amount of time spent on the assignment, but ignore the fact that they were too lazy to use a spell checker?

That would be nice.  But no one writes the same.   It's hard to quantify time spent versus deliverables within the document.   One person may spend 60 hours on a four page paper.    Where someone else could do the same in one hour.

"Writing is like doing pushups.  The more you do the better you get at it," Steven King.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I say we do an experiment.  The next time this idiot needs to see a doctor, we march a guy with his pants around his ass and his hat on backwards into the examination room, spouting ebonics.  

We'll evaluate his surgical technique according to how hard he tries and how long he takes to operate.

Then we'll repeat the process with the pilot of the plane the idiot boards to travel home.

I hate pendejos like this.  Truly hate 'em.  They are killing our country.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

THE WRATH OF THE AWAKENED SAXON

by Rudyard Kipling

It was not part of their blood,

It came to them very late,

With long arrears to make good,

When the Saxon began to hate.

They were not easily moved,

They were icy -- willing to wait

Till every count should be proved,

Ere the Saxon began to hate.

Their voices were even and low.

Their eyes were level and straight.

There was neither sign nor show

It was not preached to the crowd.

It was not taught by the state.

No man spoke it aloud

It was not suddently bred.

It will not swiftly abate.

Through the chilled years ahead,

When Time shall count from the date

That the Saxon began to hate.

Time grows short.  A storm is coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

"A professor at Arizona State University is calling for the end to "White supremacy language," and to do away with the common way of grading papers in favor of labor-based grading that will redistribute "power." "

And what happens when you give the weak and low IQ people the power? You reverse evolution and sink the entire ship for the entire human race.

I say its time for some alphas to kick those beta males in the uterus and restore order!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And on a 3rd note: I don't think the human race has what it takes to remain at the end of the food chain. Heck, we are so dumb we create things that can easily take us all out the backdoor, like AI, nukes or viruses.

And I just realized that I just got back to digging in a dirty rabbit hole that has no end, has no purpose because I can't change any of this, and once again I ask myself why I even bother with these threads, or this forum that is guided so much by negative topics like these.

• Like 4