Old guys are not always your best victim choice

gwalchmai

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/06/77-year-old-concealed-carrier-shoots-kills-alleged-robber-in-chicago/

The Chicago Sun-Times reported that the 77-year-old was in his garage when a vehicle pulled up and the alleged robber exited and “demanded his belongings.”

The 77-year-old, a concealed carry permit holder, drew his gun and opened fire, striking the alleged robber in the head and chest.

The Chicago Police Department noted that the shots proved fatal.

CWBChicago observed, “A 77-year-old retired firefighter neutralized an armed robber who got out of a carjacked vehicle and confronted him in his garage.”

I love happy endings... :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

“Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young.

Old warriors did not get old by accident; they got old by being wise, having the right knowledge, and being tough. Never underestimate an old man who has grown up in a rough profession or a rough environment.

These men have been around. They have done things, and experienced things, that you probably have never even thought about. They are tough, their minds are tough, and they have the knowledge, the skill, and the will to finish you off, if you force them to do so. A boy will fight you, but an older man will hurt you.”

-Bohdi Sanders

FB_IMG_1442952912290.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am old but I'm not tough by many standards.  My knees are shot so I can't run.  I'm old enough so that a prison is no threat.

However, I have spent all my life learning how to shoot well.  I always carry, even during my time at home and working on my property.

Over the years I found I am pretty decent at "point shooting" and reasonably accurate at distance.  I like larger firearms for the point shooting, and my favorite carry is a G41, .45.

I am not a warrior and I never distinguished myself in battle.  I have no delusions about myself.

But I will tell you this.  I will not die at another's hand without ensuring that the "other" will die with me. 

I told you already that I'm old.  Death is no threat to me, I live with it's presence every day. 

I will not die easily.  I'm old!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I am old but I'm not tough by many standards.  My knees are shot so I can't run.  I'm old enough so that a prison is no threat.

However, I have spent all my life learning how to shoot well.  I always carry, even during my time at home and working on my property.

Over the years I found I am pretty decent at "point shooting" and reasonably accurate at distance.  I like larger firearms for the point shooting, and my favorite carry is a G41, .45.

I am not a warrior and I never distinguished myself in battle.  I have no delusions about myself.

But I will tell you this.  I will not die at another's hand without ensuring that the "other" will die with me. 

I told you already that I'm old.  Death is no threat to me, I live with it's presence every day. 

I will not die easily.  I'm old!

Thanks for speaking for me. :goodpost::patriot: I couldn't have said it better myself!!

On that note, I'm gonna take tomorrow off and go see If I got cancer or not. A "Procedure" they call it.  I haven't got up at 4 fuckin 30 since like FOREVER!!  AND...I can't carry cause I gotta Valet park.  Damnit man...

See ya'll Thursday... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Thanks for speaking for me. :goodpost::patriot: I couldn't have said it better myself!!

On that note, I'm gonna take tomorrow off and go see If I got cancer or not. A "Procedure" they call it.  I haven't got up at 4 fuckin 30 since like FOREVER!!  AND...I can't carry cause I gotta Valet park.  Damnit man...

See ya'll Thursday... 

My best wishes!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

See ya'll Thursday... 

Here's to a clean bill, Swampy. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

See ya'll Thursday... 

Wow, just saw this. Best Wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

See ya'll Thursday... 

You'll be fine. I have a good feeling about this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

You'll be fine. I have a good feeling about this.

Thanks Sir.  Appreciate it.   I posted this in The Swampfox thread, but I'll post it here too.

Thanks for the well wishes last night.  Most appreciated.  The "Procedure" went well, aside from feeling like I was run over by a Truck.  A Big Fuckin Truck...

It was a Robot aided Bronchoscopy.   Dr. was cautiously optimistic, but now we'll wait for the lab results and move on from there.  Again, Thanks much for the nice words.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Thanks Sir.  Appreciate it.   I posted this in The Swampfox thread, but I'll post it here too.

Thanks for the well wishes last night.  Most appreciated.  The "Procedure" went well, aside from feeling like I was run over by a Truck.  A Big Fuckin Truck...

It was a Robot aided Bronchoscopy.   Dr. was cautiously optimistic, but now we'll wait for the lab results and move on from there.  Again, Thanks much for the nice words.

Was about to ask about your procedure. I'll send a couple prayers your direction for a positive outcome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, janice6 said:

I've told my family that they may very well find me, in some random city, stomped into an unrecognizable pile of goo,  but I fully expect them to also find one of them bled-out next to me,  and hopefully one bled-out, on the floor, halfway through the ER door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1