Eric

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 5:38 PM, janice6 said:

A while ago I read where an officer accompanied a prisoner to his MRI.  the officer demanded to be in the same room with the prisoner during the procedure.  The officer's gun was ripped from his holster when the Magnet ramped up and when it hit the Liquid Helium Tank it fired.

Typical MRI Magnet was peak, 2 Tesla.  That's a **** of a lot of field!

I worked in Super Conductivity Magnetic Sensor technology at the same time a friend of mine was installing an MRI at the VA hospital 25 miles from me.

I watched a magnetic field ramp up and called my friend.  He laughed and said they had just brought the magnetic online for test.

My sensor would detect a change in the Earth's Magnetic Field due to a metallic object causing perturbations in the Earth's field.  Any depth.  It didn't care if the Submarine was Titanium or not. Just that it was metallic.  3 axis magnetometer/5 axis gradiometer.

It gave the size of the object/location of the object/position of the object from the sensor via a Poynting Vector.

I took a con for an mri too and they would not let me in the room saying the gun would fire. I couldn't see how my smith and wesson revolver could fire.

• Thanks 1