I have had it!

crockett

I'm not even in the mood to talk about all the bullshit that has happened on my end in the past few days. I'm just done with people. And I'm done with seeing people as soon as I open the front door of my house. And I'm done with people walking onto my property at any given moment while I can't even put up a fence / sign or anything due to HOA regulations.

Just sent my old realtor an email and asked her to find me some land, 5 to 15 acres, residential and commercial zoning. Fully wooded so that I can build a custom shop / home in the middle, with no direct sight from any corner of the lot.

Once she finds me something decent, I'll build a small and temporary wooden cabin within a week or 2, move in, sell my house, and have the custom shop / house build while being on site 24/7.

Something like this... huge shop with one section build out to live in. All metal building, metal roof, solar on roof, off grid, no more cracks in this ******* useless stucco bullshit, no cheap as roof shingles that only last 12 years.

52608-1200.jpg?v=011520155722

52609-1200.jpg?v=011520155805

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, crockett said:

I'm not even in the mood to talk about all the bullshit that has happened on my end in the past few days. I'm just done with people. And I'm done with seeing people as soon as I open the front door of my house. And I'm done with people walking onto my property at any given moment while I can't even put up a fence / sign or anything due to HOA regulations.

Just sent my old realtor an email and asked her to find me some land, 5 to 15 acres, residential and commercial zoning. Fully wooded so that I can build a custom shop / home in the middle, with no direct sight from any corner of the lot.

Once she finds me something decent, I'll build a small and temporary wooden cabin within a week or 2, move in, sell my house, and have the custom shop / house build while being on site 24/7.

Something like this... huge shop with one section build out to live in. All metal building, metal roof, solar on roof, off grid, no more cracks in this ******* useless stucco bullshit, no cheap as roof shingles that only last 12 years.

52608-1200.jpg?v=011520155722

52609-1200.jpg?v=011520155805

Seriously...I pray to god I will never have to live in another HOA Again..."Fifedoms", every damn one of them!!! AND petty as all Hell!!!

Good luck finding anything like ya want unless you plan on goin to North Central Florida.

• Like 1

Put in a FIREPLACE, run COLD water everywhere with small instant HOT WATER heaters....no waiting for HOT water in the shower, no paying for keeping 80 gallons of water hot all the time,

HIGH CEILING in the workshop (for a lift)

1000 gallon PROPANE tank buried, GAS STOVE, WHOLE HOUSE GENERATOR...+++ 

If I was younger, I'd build....Shoulda' done that 33 years ago when I moved to FL   COULDA'     SHOULDA'   WOULDA"

BUT at least our ASSociation is not very picky, not a lot of rules...only 220 homes...and one thing I wanted GATED....NO ONE COMES TO THE DOOR

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

HOAs are evil. I’m a realtor and it blows me away when I had clients specifically ask for an HOA community. 

Depends on the HOA some are run by people who never had control over anything and now have POWER (Condo NAZI)

Others are pretty laid back....there needs to be SOME rules..otherwise people being what they are will s**t the place up

• Like 3

Just now, DAKA said:

Depends on the HOA some are run by people who never had control over anything and now have POWER (Condo NAZI)

Others are pretty laid back....there needs to be SOME rules..otherwise people being what they are will s**t the place up

18 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Put in a FIREPLACE, run COLD water everywhere with small instant HOT WATER heaters....no waiting for HOT water in the shower, no paying for keeping 80 gallons of water hot all the time,

HIGH CEILING in the workshop (for a lift)

1000 gallon PROPANE tank buried, GAS STOVE, WHOLE HOUSE GENERATOR...+++ 

If I was younger, I'd build....Shoulda' done that 33 years ago when I moved to FL   COULDA'     SHOULDA'   WOULDA"

BUT at least our ASSociation is not very picky, not a lot of rules...only 220 homes...and one thing I wanted GATED....NO ONE COMES TO THE DOOR

Propane for cooking only, everything else will be electric. Entire roof will be solar panels, and I'll build my own Lithium battery bank. Did this in a small scale for the minivan camper conversion. Can be scaled up limitless. 100% off the grid.

Shop will need to be able to house a class A diesel pusher, 4 cars / trucks / 2 lifts, tractor, several work benches, CNC machine, mill, etc.

Looking at my current house, all but the master bedroom are tool, reloading and gun rooms. Should have moved into a shop instead.

Shop needs to be in several rooms, not just one big thing. I don't want any dust from fabricating things all over the place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Looks like this is a new trend, called Barndominium. Half shop  half house, all in a commercial grade metal building. Makes much more sense than those wooden termite grocery markets they like to build.

45x100-floor-plan-with-shop.jpg

My house I built in 86 is 1700 sq ft and the garage is over 1000. I don't plan to build again. I also own a 2000 sq ft shop with an apartment attached to it that I keep a tenant in. No hoa's and not even any building codes where I'm at although I did build to meet local codes in the neighboring towns.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Got a call from an old friend we used to be real close
Said he couldn't go on the American way
Closed the shop, sold a house, bought a ticket to the west coast
Now he gives them a stand-up routine in L.A.”
— Billy Joel

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

When you start working on it, post the cool stuff like you do with the van!  

How bout just where ya fuckin BOUGHT that many acres in Florida for a reasonable Price!!!

My buddy's been lookin for "acerage" for a year..  4-5 acres.  Found one.  An old cell tower site...fuckin concrete pylons all over dead center of the property.  You can't blow those MF'ers up!!!

Let me know what ya find Crockett... And Good Luck man!:patriot: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

How bout just where ya fuckin BOUGHT that many acres in Florida for a reasonable Price!!!

My buddy's been lookin for "acerage" for a year..  4-5 acres.  Found one.  An old cell tower site...fuckin concrete pylons all over dead center of the property.  You can't blow those MF'ers up!!!

Let me know what ya find Crockett... And Good Luck man!:patriot: 

5 acres for 225k. 24 min to the beach.

Farm land featured at Pittman Rd, Sarasota, FL 34240

5 acres for 89k, 40 min to beach.

Property featured at 34302 142nd Dr E, Myakka City, FL 34251

6 acres for 300k

Farm land featured at 6925 257th St E, Myakka City, FL 34251

10 acres for 155k

image.thumb.png.08b2726ac14a5a7747db51482aaab816.png

Power? Water? Sewage? Power and water are the most problematic. Septic tanks and leach fields are not as much of a problem. I worked on a house on the California coast once that was all 12volt electric power except for a Generator to run the washer and drier and it used te charge the 12 volt batteries until my bod and I installed the windmill . Refrigerator was a Servel and the floor was heated with hot water circulated though copper pipes in the slab and they had a wood burning fireplace insert. Deep cycle batteries were charged by a windmill we put together using  a Chrysler alternator. The location was called Hurricane point Just north of Big Sur and there was always lots of wind.

The windmill was mounted on top of a telephone pole sandwiched between two 4x12's sunk into a concrete footing that was ten feet deep and 6 feet in diameter and was hinged and could be raised and lowered for maintenance. Water came from further up the hill from a mountain stream that flowed down to the ocean. The job lasted about 3 weeks and was more like a working vacation than a job.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Power? Water? Sewage? Power and water are the most problematic. Septic tanks and leach fields are not as much of a problem. I worked on a house on the California coast once that was all 12volt electric power except for a Generator to run the washer and drier and it used te charge the 12 volt batteries until my bod and I installed the windmill . Refrigerator was a Servel and the floor was heated with hot water circulated though copper pipes in the slab and they had a wood burning fireplace insert. Deep cycle batteries were charged by a windmill we put together using  a Chrysler alternator. The location was called Hurricane point Just north of Big Sur and there was always lots of wind.

The windmill was mounted on top of a telephone pole sandwiched between two 4x12's sunk into a concrete footing that was ten feet deep and 6 feet in diameter and was hinged and could be raised and lowered for maintenance. Water came from further up the hill from a mountain stream that flowed down to the ocean. The job lasted about 3 weeks and was more like a working vacation than a job.

That must have been a while back.

LifePo4 batteries carry 6 times the capacity of lead acid / AGM batteries. They have up to 10,000 life cycles and a discharge curve that is basically linear. They get hooked up to a 6kW inverter. 120 volts everywhere and everything. The battery pack gets recharged by solar only. The batteries can bridge several days of consumption without any sunlight, and that is basically unheard of in Florida. Even on a cloudy day the array produces energy. My solar system will not feed anything into the grid. There will be no grid, no windmills, no gas powered generators. That's all tech from yesterday.

Entire roof made of solar cells.

tesla-solar-roof-powerwall-battery-integ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Lots of money to develop those parcels, but then you knew that.

Not much to develop. I'll keep most of the woods the way they are, not counting the area for the house and drive way. Will rent the machines and do it myself. I'm in no hurry.

• Like 1