Damn Damn Damn.

Batesmotel

I learned that a college roommate,  a big big drug guy,  that had influenced me a bit too much, took it.

Last I saw him,  he was long-time-clean,  healthy, muscular (from his skeletonism), happy, and newly  married.  He was an expert mechanic,  so much so that he was pretty wealthy.

They said he put a gun in his mouth,  but didn't die.  So he drove himself to the hospital,  where he died.

• Sad 4

57 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

We all carry demons. Sometimes they win

Absolutely correct.  I volunteered in a prison with drug offenders who were getting close to being released. Even after working with them and hearing their stories I can’t imagine the power that crap has over someone once they are into it. He was a good guy. Sucks that crap won. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Absolutely correct.  I volunteered in a prison with drug offenders who were getting close to being released. Even after working with them and hearing their stories I can’t imagine the power that crap has over someone once they are into it. He was a good guy. Sucks that crap won. 

A big part of why I don't work child welfare anymore.

• Sad 3

I have a brother who took a lot of acid when he was a teenager, and later in life it caught up with him. He has been a schizophrenic for decades now, and it was the dope that did it. Because he would take just anything, and it wasn’t just one thing.

• Like 1