Prop Guns

MO Fugga

We have a little contact in the industry. Mostly agents. This was a non-union set. The dirty little rumor going around is that this was sabotage by a union. There is pressure to make every production union. Period. No more independent films. Someone might have been pissed that a union guy like Baldwin was on a non-union set. 

• Thanks 1

If the POMPOUS DIPS**T had not mouthed off so much ABOUT GUNS, ETC, AND JUST LEARNED A FEW SIMPLE RULES, this would never have happened

Never point a gun at anything you are don't mean going to shoot

Never keep your finger on the trigger

Treat every gun as if it is LOADED

I hope the ASSWIPE  DOESN'T JUST WALK FROM THIS...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DAKA said:

If the POMPOUS DIPS**T had not mouthed off so much ABOUT GUNS, ETC, AND JUST LEARNED A FEW SIMPLE RULES, this would never have happened

Never point a gun at anything you are don't mean going to shoot

Never keep your finger on the trigger

Treat every gun as if it is LOADED

I hope the ASSWIPE  DOESN'T JUST WALK FROM THIS...

This was not on a shooting range. Movie sets are a different world. Prop masters and especially arms masters are gods there. Actors need to be able to trust them implicitly.

An actor is given a cold gun and rehearses with it under the direction of a director. (director, assistant director, fight director etc) Then an armorer gives him a hot gun loaded with effects ammo. Blanks etc. even placing it in his holster. The actor is forbidden to remove it and examine it on a well run set. Period.

He removes it when the director says action. Period. 

You guys may want to see Baldwin fried just because you hate his politics but if he did not load the gun and was rehearsing under the direction of a appropriate set personnel, he did nothing wrong. Actors don’t load guns on set. Someone gave him a loaded gun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

This was not on a shooting range. Movie sets are a different world. Prop masters and especially arms masters are gods there. Actors need to be able to trust them implicitly.

An actor is given a cold gun and rehearses with it under the direction of a director. (director, assistant director, fight director etc) Then an armorer gives him a hot gun loaded with effects ammo. Blanks etc. even placing it in his holster. The actor is forbidden to remove it and examine it on a well run set. Period.

You guys may want to see Baldwin fried just because you hate his politics but if he did not load the gun and was rehearsing under the direction of a appropriate set personnel, he did nothing wrong. Actors don’t load guns on set. Someone gave him a loaded gun. 

Nope. If I say I will trust the propmaster that's a conscious choice NOT to check the weapon, and I'm ultimately responsible for that choice. 

I understand your point and I appreciate your sharing your insights about how these things work in the film industry. However, Baldwin accepted the responsibility for the propmaster's actions when he took the job. He pulled the trigger and is responsible for the woman's death. According to what you've shared the propmaster is also guilty of manslaughter. I say send them both to the big house for 25 years. 

• Like 1

However they handle prop guns on stage, I'd never trust anybody but myself. Not once have I picked up a gun and not checked if it is loaded.

Maybe those actors shouldn't be handling and displaying guns, period. Sick and tired of those beta male hypocrites trying to be badasses.

I can't stand actors that are outspoken anti gun and support anti gun politics, then turn around and use guns to make even more money while "advertising" them to their retarded audience.

I feel bad for the lady killed.  Baldwin is a piece of **** in my book and he should keep his filthy puke hole shut.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Someone gave him a loaded gun… Maybe someone had motive to cause an accident. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, crockett said:

However they handle prop guns on stage, I'd never trust anybody but myself. Not once have I picked up a gun and not checked if it is loaded.

Maybe those actors shouldn't be handling and displaying guns, period. Sick and tired of those beta male hypocrites trying to be badasses.

I can't stand actors that are outspoken anti gun and support anti gun politics, then turn around and use guns to make even more money while "advertising" them to their retard audience.

I feel bad for the lady killed.  Baldwin is a piece of **** in my book and he should keep his filthy puke hole shut.

:goodpost:

"Liberal hollywood".  Sorry for the un-necessary death.  So Sad...that piece of **** baldwin HAS to trust the "Armorer".  It's all that "Union Bullshit", all in the "contract".  "The Boss told me the gun was cold...I believe him. It's not my job"   If he had pointed the gun at the floor and did his "clicking" that woman would still be alive in Spite of his dumb ass. ANY person that has even Half a brain knows to NEVER point a gun at a person unless you intend to kill Him/Her.  ALL GUNS are ALWAYS Loaded unless YOU personally check it yourself.  That stupid prick wouldn't know how to even flip the cylinder door open to Look at the ammo!!!  Not his "Job".  I hope he can't sleep the rest of his god damn life...

• Like 3

On 10/22/2021 at 9:51 PM, Swampfox762 said:

Seriously.  Why would there EVEN be Live ammunition on a Movie set?  Something stinks in Denmark.  Who's the union boy in charge of the "Prop Guns"?????

Turned out it was Thell Reed's daughter.  She did not have nearly enough experience.

And yes, why the hell was there any live ammunition on the set?  Even in NRA classes they tell the instructors get any and all live ammunition out of the room.

• Like 2