Lost a friend last night.

Batesmotel

I’ve lost friends before but this is the first of my old core of friends. There were eight of us that really banded together in Jr. High and High School. We all had pretty screwed up home lives and I think that is what brought us together. We created our own surrogate family and we stuck together through thick and thin for 45 years. 

Marriage, divorce, bankruptcy, military, death of a child and a spouse. Even the birth of one urban legend that actually made it into a textbook. We were always there. Little band of miscreants who I’m proud to say kept the faith through it all. 

He will be greatly missed. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

I’ve lost friends before but this is the first of my old core of friends. There were eight of us that really banded together in Jr. High and High School. We all had pretty screwed up home lives and I think that is what brought us together. We created our own surrogate family and we stuck together through thick and thin for 45 years. 

Marriage, divorce, bankruptcy, military, death of a child and a spouse. Even the birth of one urban legend that actually made it into a textbook. We were always there. Little band of miscreants who I’m proud to say kept the faith through it all. 

Sure understand my man, sure understand.  Sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

Prayers sent, Brother Bates. tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very sorry Bates.. Yeah, one of the Unfortunate side effects of outliving your peers.  The more it hurts, the greater the bond. Your friend probably wouldn't want you grieving. Celebrate the experiences you had. Whatever you drink , raise a glass. 

:tequila:

My sincere condolences, Sir....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1