California just banned small engines by 2024.

Batesmotel

On the surface it looks like lawn mowers and leaf blowers but it includes everything. Every small gas engine. With no allowance for even emergency equipment for private or public use. From model airplanes to generators. Weed eaters to pumps and welders. 

One of the opponents to the bill wanted exceptions for firefighters and emergency crews but they didn’t even get that. No chainsaw, gas ax, generator or ATV to fight fires or rescue people. 

Nothing but battery power to be sold by 2024. This was not though through. Nothing but automobiles. I bet they are next. 

Fire-lines will be kill zones. An earthquake will be a ready made crypt for the trapped. 

Let the place burn. 

Someone better than me please post links. 

• Like 4

It will kill people who need their oxygen concentrator during the ever increasing blackouts.

My FIL just lived in NorCal and he just installed a gas generator because the power is always going down and they are on a well.

Stupid thing about this is the illegals they love so much ignore laws that get in their way. They will keep right on buying gas equipment out of state and just claiming they have always had it. They don't think twice about hunting the precious turkeys, or deer, why would they care about a gas engine.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

I hear diesel vehicles are almost free now in Ca.

Yeah, I live a days drive away and all the local ads have machines out of Cali that people are trying to get some money out of. Perfectly good machines with years of life left, but they can't run them down there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

They can’t power air conditioners in a heat wave. How are they going to charge all those batteries. 

In theory, if they are connected to a "smart grid", then the grid will charge them when the power draw is lower (late night/early morning when aircon is low/off) and can draw power out of them during the day when power usage is at it highest.
Of course, most people will be at the office or somewhere else during the times of highest usage, so the cars won't be plugged into the grid.

Up side might be if the system is set up properly, the utility actually has to buy back the electricity from you at the peak rate, after selling it to you at the off peak rates, so in theory you would actually get paid to have the car plugged in, provided it's connected to the smart grid.

Of course though it's Commiefornia, so they'll find a way to screw you out of any possible profits.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

It will be only right and proper if electric companies in other states help CA out by not selling any fossil fuel electricity into the state.

This is the thanks Democrats get for voting against recall of Newsom. 

Their reasoning is that electricity made somewhere else is “green” therefore no pollution.  I’d like to see how their attitudes changed when the lights and A/C didn’t work.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Just buy pre-charged batteries. 

I really don't care what California does. Obviously the people want this or they wouldn't have voted for the leaders who have made the laws. 

I agree but I’m betting the folks that wanted this wouldn’t know a chainsaw or weed eater if it bit them in the ass.  Kalifornistan has the kind of stupid that’s beyond any hope of fixing.

• Like 3

Just now, Batesmotel said:

California produces a lot of food for the rest of the country. Wait until the gas power agriculture pumps get shut down. 

And the tractors and the harvesting equipment. And the 18-wheelers which take the produce to market.

Oh well. If they are no longer using Colorado water for agriculture lots of others in the dessert west will take it. And once lost it likely won’t be back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Historian said:

Works great until you have no power.

Electric **** is great! Get the stick out of their ass, and get a bunch of nuke plants online. One of our biggest strategic mistakes of the last 40 years is not aggressively developing our power output.

We built this, we must maintain control of it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Electric **** is great! Get the stick out of their ass, and get a bunch of nuke plants online. One of our biggest strategic mistakes of the last 40 years is not aggressively developing our power output.

We built this, we must maintain control of it.

Steam generation of electricity, regardless of whether the steam source is nuclear or fossil fuel, always wants to run full throttle. Thus steam generation should be base load power. Hydro is an excellent peak shaver as it can be turned on and off as necessary. Pumped storage, such as on Raccoon Mountain, is the equivalent of storage batteries. When demand for electricity is high, full throttle steam generation is augmented by letting water flow through turbines. When demand is low, power from those steam plants can be used to run turbines in reverse and pump water back uphill into lakes. 

• Like 1