My Friend died a couple weeks ago...

Swampfox762

and I just found out tonight. 

His wife texted me.  We'd talk couple times a year, for the last 20 odd years... He was a Linemen when I hired on to Rantoul Power and Light back in 69.. John Brackemyre. 

God rest his soul.  I've only Loved two men,  John was one.  Damnit man....And...It was my turn to call..., ****...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 8

8 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

I had a similar experience with a good friend. We used to talk about every six months and laugh our butts off.  It's been over ten years, but I still miss the guy.  Hang in there.  RIP

We were the same.   John would never actually Tell me stuff...but...I knew.  And...he knew I knew. 

Not fun gettin old. 

**** just sorta sneaks up on ya.  BUT...Not really...ya know what ya did...to be where ya are.  Least I do...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Crap happens.  Just the day before yesterday my Son in Law (oldest daughter) called me from the emergency room.  He had a heart attack and she took him in. They did an Angiogram and transferred him to another hospital that could handle 5 bypasses.

He called to talk with me before the ambulance rushed him to the second hospital.  Daughter called yesterday to tell me he's ok.  All the family is gabbing on texting now.

He's a good man and his future, now, looks bright.

I'm more scared to get a call about my children than I am one about me.  We started our family at 19 years old and now all my kids are looking at retirement.  It's always scary when the news is about a loved one.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

My Condolences and Prayers to you and your Friends Family.

God Bless Him.

Thanks man.  If EVER there was an "All Around" Man...It was Johnny B.

God Rest his Soul.  AND...He would kick my ass for blubberin over him like this...An Incredible Man...I'll just leave it there, or he'll come back and haunt my ass.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 8:47 PM, Swampfox762 said:

and I just found out tonight. 

His wife texted me.  We'd talk couple times a year, for the last 20 odd years... He was a Linemen when I hired on to Rantoul Power and Light back in 69.. John Brackemyre. 

God rest his soul.  I've only Loved two men,  John was one.  Damnit man....And...It was my turn to call..., ****...

God bless this man and his friends and family. And your're a great man to empower his memory. I toast you. 

• Thanks 1