1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
2 tbsp onion dip packet

Sliders:
1 pack sweet rolls, or slider rolls
12 slices of provolone cheese
3 tbsp unsalted butter
2 cloves of garlic minced    

Instructions:

Start off by prepping your chuck roast into 4-6 smaller cuts, this will help with braising.
Season with your favorite beef seasoning and let sit at room temp for 30 mins.
Place half of your chuck roast chunks (you don’t want to overcrowd the pot) in your Dutch oven and sear the meat on both sides for a nice crust. Sear your next batch and place on a wire rack to the side.
While the meat is sitting on the side add your onions to the dutch oven and add a pinch of salt. Now sweat them down for about 4-6 mins, until almost translucent and then add your garlic and let it go for an additional minute or so.
At this time add the chuck roast (all the chunks) and add the thyme, vegetable bouillon, water, beef broth, and onion packet. Now mix and place the lid on top. Make sure your temp is a low medium for this step.
Let it braise for 2-3 hours and then flip the meat. Continue to braise all the way until the chuck roast is probe tender, you want it to be shreddable. (I actually like to chop mine some after I shred it)
When the beef is shreddable, place it in a foil pan and rest for 30 mins. During this time, melt some butter in a saucepan and add some garlic, mix.
Cut your sweet rolls in half and then make a bottom layer of provolone cheese, then the shredded beef and topped with another layer of provolone cheese. Add the top buns and then coat with the garlic butter. And then place in the oven at 350 for 16-18 mins. Or until the buns are nice and toasty.
While the sliders are in the oven strain your au jus and place it into individual dipping saucers for serving, skim fat as well.
Serve and enjoy.

French Onion Dip Sliders.jpg

Looks YUMMY,       but CARB CITY     

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I haven't ever paid much attention to that stuff. I've always just ate what I wanted. Never had no problems, but I understand some people have to be careful for whatever reasons.

Same here, always ate whatever I wanted.  Have notice anymore pastry/bread products will add pounds.  Warm fresh baked bread will add two or three pounds in no time.  Go 2 or 3 day without and the weight goes away. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Same here, always ate whatever I wanted.  Have notice anymore pastry/bread products will add pounds.  Warm fresh baked bread will add two or three pounds in no time.  Go 2 or 3 day without and the weight goes away. 

I've come to the conclusion that some people don't eat certain things because of what society and/or tv tells them. Like, my wife has one co-worker who is a gluten-free freak advocate. My wife has told her the truth about the only people who need to be gluten free are those people who have celiac disease. But this woman swears everybody should not eat gluten and in doing so she's just missing out on some foods, nothing else (unless she's trying to get some freak cred.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I've come to the conclusion that some people don't eat certain things because of what society and/or tv tells them. Like, my wife has one co-worker who is a gluten-free freak advocate. My wife has told her the truth about the only people who need to be gluten free are those people who have celiac disease. But this woman swears everybody should not eat gluten and in doing so she's just missing out on some foods, nothing else (unless she's trying to get some freak cred.)

I have a sister like that, she embarrassing to go to a restaurant with. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I have a sister like that, she embarrassing to go to a restaurant with. 

That's sad. We live in a small city and we don't go for fast food very often, maybe for breakfast biscuits once in a while. One of my friends told me he was in McDonalds about a month ago and our McDonalds quit serving the plant-based patty they had been serving. He said there was a lady in there losing her freakin' mind over not being able to get that burger anymore. He said almost everybody in the place shamed her butt until she left, cussing and just making a galactic fool of herself. Everybody in this city knows almost everybody. She'll be gettin' shamed about that for a while.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I only used garlic because I don’t keep that many herbs around because I don’t normally use that many herbs. I tried to get ridiculous and I injected cream of mushroom soup into my chops before cooking … it worked out great and they were fantastic BUT it was very messy. When you cut the pork chops for this recipe, it doesn’t allow for a large injection and I got carried away. Like I said they were great, but very messy. Good thing I always get liberal with non-stick sprays and aluminum foil. I used the same rack for both bakings. As usual, the picture is not mine.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary*
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme*
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder*
4 boneless center-cut pork loin chops 1-inch thick
8 bacon slices ideally thin slices (see recipe note)

Instructions:

In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme. *Or any mixture that you prefer without using any more salt. Arrange pork chops in a single layer on a plate or platter. Rub herb mixture into all sides. Let stand at room temperature to allow flavors to penetrate meat (short dry brine). Preheat oven to 400˚F Arrange bacon slices, leaving space around each, on an oven-safe rack placed inside a foil lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Bake 10 to 12 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon (12 to 14 minutes if you prefer very crispy bacon). It should still be pliable when you remove it from the oven; set aside on paper towels to cool slightly. (You'll use the same baking sheet and rack to cook pork chops. No need to replace foil.) Wrap each pork chop with 2 slices of partially cooked bacon and place on rack in baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer reads 145˚F. Serve.
Notes:
Thin bacon slices work best here. Thick cut bacon is more difficult to wrap around the chops and takes several minutes longer to cook.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops copy.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I only used garlic because I don’t keep that many herbs around because I don’t normally use that many herbs. I tried to get ridiculous and I injected cream of mushroom soup into my chops before cooking … it worked out great and they were fantastic BUT it was very messy. When you cut the pork chops for this recipe, it doesn’t allow for a large injection and I got carried away. Like I said they were great, but very messy. Good thing I always get liberal with non-stick sprays and aluminum foil. I used the same rack for both bakings. As usual, the picture is not mine.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary*
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme*
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder*
4 boneless center-cut pork loin chops 1-inch thick
8 bacon slices ideally thin slices (see recipe note)

Instructions:

In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme. *Or any mixture that you prefer without using any more salt. Arrange pork chops in a single layer on a plate or platter. Rub herb mixture into all sides. Let stand at room temperature to allow flavors to penetrate meat (short dry brine). Preheat oven to 400˚F Arrange bacon slices, leaving space around each, on an oven-safe rack placed inside a foil lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Bake 10 to 12 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon (12 to 14 minutes if you prefer very crispy bacon). It should still be pliable when you remove it from the oven; set aside on paper towels to cool slightly. (You'll use the same baking sheet and rack to cook pork chops. No need to replace foil.) Wrap each pork chop with 2 slices of partially cooked bacon and place on rack in baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer reads 145˚F. Serve.
Notes:
Thin bacon slices work best here. Thick cut bacon is more difficult to wrap around the chops and takes several minutes longer to cook.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops copy.jpg

Right, EVERYTHING tastes better with BACON :worthy:

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites

These things will rapidly become one of your favorite game snacks or appetizers.

Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Total: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 24

Ingredients:

3-4 medium to small red potatoes, cut into 6-8 wedges each
12 ounces to 1 pound thick center-cut bacon, cut in half
2 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more as needed
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them into 6-8 wedges each. Put the potatoes in a medium pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Season the water with 2 teaspoons of salt.
Once the water begins to boil, cook the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, until you can stick a fork into them without too much resistance. Potatoes should not be fully cooked through so they won't fall apart.
Drain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl.
Season the potatoes with the rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, olive oil, and pepper, and toss until evenly coated.
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
Wrap each potato wedge in half slice of bacon and place on your baking sheet. (if you like you can secure it with a toothpick).
Arrange potatoes in an even layer, spaced an inch or two apart.
Bake for 40 minutes, turning potatoes over half way through bake time, until the bacon is cooked through and as crisp as you like it.

Serve with cheese sauce or ranch for dipping.

Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites (W:Cheese Dip).jpg

• Like 4

On 7/22/2023 at 11:37 AM, Schmidt Meister said:

Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites

These things will rapidly become one of your favorite game snacks or appetizers.

Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Total: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 24

Ingredients:

3-4 medium to small red potatoes, cut into 6-8 wedges each
12 ounces to 1 pound thick center-cut bacon, cut in half
2 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more as needed
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them into 6-8 wedges each. Put the potatoes in a medium pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Season the water with 2 teaspoons of salt.
Once the water begins to boil, cook the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, until you can stick a fork into them without too much resistance. Potatoes should not be fully cooked through so they won't fall apart.
Drain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl.
Season the potatoes with the rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, olive oil, and pepper, and toss until evenly coated.
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
Wrap each potato wedge in half slice of bacon and place on your baking sheet. (if you like you can secure it with a toothpick).
Arrange potatoes in an even layer, spaced an inch or two apart.
Bake for 40 minutes, turning potatoes over half way through bake time, until the bacon is cooked through and as crisp as you like it.

Serve with cheese sauce or ranch for dipping.

Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites (W:Cheese Dip).jpg

OMG Looks soooo good...(can almost taste it)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was at Busch stadium watching my annual St. Louis  Cardinal baseball game, and with all the food, some okay, and some not  they had Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs!   I'm now sorry to report that had none, but if they're still there next year I'll get one.

• Like 3

On 7/24/2023 at 12:18 PM, Ramjet38 said:

Was at Busch stadium watching my annual St. Louis  Cardinal baseball game, and with all the food, some okay, and some not  they had Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs!   I'm now sorry to report that had none, but if they're still there next year I'll get one.

Does it come with a free stint? Just sounds like a heart clogger. Enjoy it if you get one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ramjet38 said:

What kind of noodles is that with that coloring??  Is it beet infusion... Looks great!!!!

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

WHAAA ???? Description please, ma'am.

Beet pesto on linguine- throw 1# chopped roasted beets into blender with olive oil, minced garlic, roasted pumpkin seeds, a little lemon juice.  Cook noodles, drain, stir on a little olive oil, stir in beet pesto, throw goat cheese on top with a little salt and pepper.  The color in the photo is off - they come out violently hot pink/purple.  My kids love this dish just for that… it’s what we do every year with the first beets of the season.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Beet pesto on linguine- throw 1# chopped roasted beets into blender with olive oil, minced garlic, roasted pumpkin seeds, a little lemon juice.  Cook noodles, drain, stir on a little olive oil, stir in beet pesto, throw goat cheese on top with a little salt and pepper.  The color in the photo is off - they come out violently hot pink/purple.  My kids love this dish just for that… it’s what we do every year with the first beets of the season.

At least I got the beet right.  sounds good.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Debra's version of Layered Casserole With Beef, Cabbage And Potatoes (Socca) by Lidia Bastianich

This is Lidia's recipe as she cooks it. Our changes* are noted below the ingredient list.

Yield: 12 Servings

Ingredients:

About a dozen large fresh sage leaves
1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves, stripped from the branch
8 plump garlic cloves, peeled
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 pounds red potatoes, sliced ½ inch thick
A 4-pound boneless beef shoulder roast (preferably a “top blade” or “top chuck shoulder” roast)
1 stick (8 tablespoons) soft butter
1 head Savoy cabbage, about 2½ pounds, cored and sliced into ½-inch shreds
2 cups white wine
1 pound shredded fontina from Valle d’Aosta (or Italian Fontal)

(* We aren't big herb people, we eat pretty simple. We don't use the sage or rosemary. We also use Green cabbage. We use beef broth instead of wine and we used 3 cups. We dip 2 cups off after cooking and save it for making some awesome gravy for mashed potatoes or rice for another meal. With all the liquid in the cabbage you still have plenty in the dish. The first time we made this, we used the fontina cheese she recommended but after making this a time or two, we have decided that we like this dish better without cheese. We also added 2 med carrots, sliced about 1/2" thick. Our 'pestata' is made from the garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1/2 tsp. of salt as in her ingredients. To that we add 1/2 large onion. Since we don't use cheese any more, the last 15 or 20 minutes required to melt the cheese aren't necessary.)

Instructions:

You will need a food processor; a large baking dish or roasting pan, 5-quart capacity, 10 by 15 inches or larger.
Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven, and heat to 375º. Using a food processor, mince the sage, rosemary, garlic, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, and ½ teaspoon of the salt into a fine-textured pestata.
Put the potato slices in a large bowl; sprinkle on top 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of the pestata. Toss well to coat the slices with the seasonings.  
With a sharp knife, slice the beef across the grain into 3/4-inch thick slices, if using a top-blade roast, slice it crosswise. As you did with the potatoes, put the meat slices in a bowl and toss them with seasonings until well coated, using 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of the pestata.
Brush the roasting pan with the remaining olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Arrange half of the potato slices in a single layer on the pan bottom, spread half the cabbage shreds evenly over the potatoes, and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Distribute all the beef slices, in a single layer, over the cabbage. (The pan should be about half full: press down on the beef if it looks like you need more room for the rest of the vegetables.)
Dot the top of the beef with small mounds of butter, using another tablespoons in all. Lay the remaining potato slices on top of the beef slices, spread the rest of the cabbage evenly over the slices, and season with the remaining teaspoon salt. Stir all of the remaining pestata into the white wine, and pour the wine all over the cabbage shreds. Finally, dot the top with the rest of the butter.  
Tent the baking dish with a sheet of aluminum foil, arching it above the food and pressing it against the sides of the pan. Set the dish in the oven, and bake about 2 1/2 hours, until the meat and vegetables are all very tender and almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove the foil, and sprinkle the shredded fontina over the top of the potatoes and cabbage (which will have sunk down in the pan). Bake another 15 to 20 minutes, until the fontina has melted, bubbled,and browned into a crusty topping.
Let the casserole rest for 10 minutes. (Yeah, we never seen to be able to wait 10 minutes, lol.)

This picture included cheese, just use your imagination to 'photoshop' it out.

Layered Casserole With Beef, Cabbage And Potatoes (Socca) - Lidia - 2.png

• Like 1