HHS is reviewing all doctors' orders for monoclonal antibodies. Rep. Chip Roy wants to know why.

pipedreams

"Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) on Monday sent a letter to Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra inquiring about a recent change in HHS policy that limits orders and shipments of monoclonal antibody treatments to HHS-approved administration sites.

"As you know, antibody treatments such as bamlanivimab, bamlanivimab/etesevimab, and casirivimab/imdevimab were approved under Emergency Use Authorizations (EUA) and have been shown to be effective in treating COVID-19 patients," Roy wrote to Becerra.

"Providers across the country, including providers in Texas, have utilized these treatments, aiding in effective treatment of COVID-19 patients. Unfortunately, numerous doctors and healthcare professionals who serve COVID-19 patients are reportedly being denied or limited orders for these treatments by HHS," he wrote.

Monoclonal antibody (mAb) therapy is a treatment for COVID-19 that studies have shown is effective at reducing the risk of hospitalization and death for patients with mild to moderate illness who receive early treatment. The Food and Drug Administration has granted emergency use authorization for mAb therapies to treat mild to moderate COVID-19 in adults and children older than 12, and the treatment has been promoted across the ideological spectrum by figures like Dr. Anthony Fauci and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/hhs-reviewing-orders-for-monoclonal-antibodies?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20210914Trending-ChipRoyMonoclonal&utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Breaking News

Read the letter:

Roy Letter to Becerra - Antibody Treatment 9.13.21.pdf

• Sad 2

I'm wondering why they are treating people with mild symptoms at all.  They are MILD symptoms.  Like my two week 'Rona head cold with 4 weeks of no taste/smell.  I think I took a mucinex one night. As long as the symptoms are mild, why not allow one's immune system to do its freaking job, and not screw with the rest of the body's systems by exposing it to a bunch of stuff with potential for side effects?  

It just seems like we try to treat every little thing with a drug nowadays.  When I was 19, I ran a fever of 104 and ended up in the emergency room.  They ran two bags of IV saline into me for being dehydrated, stuck me in a cold shower, gave me two Tylenol, and sent me home as soon as the fever went down to 103.5 (3 hours later).  I had to deal with a dingbat recently who thought a 100 F temp was going to kill her if she didn't get to the hospital immediately.  Not puking, not dehydrated, no neck ache, just...running a temp.  I was... not impressed at her grasp on reality.

• Like 2