Humana wants to come and examine me at my home.

gwalchmai

I got a call this morning from Humana, my Medicare Plus doer of whatever a Medicare Plus doer does. Gal says it's time for my annual wellness visit and she wanted to schedule a nurse to come out and examine my wellness. I explained that I have a PCP and have already had a checkup, which she should be able to verify since Humana was billed for it. Gal says she understood perfectly but they still want to send out a nurse and essentially do it again. I explained that in these challenging times I don't feel comfortable allowing strangers in my home. Gal says she understood perfectly and she can setup the wellness visit as an online Zoom meeting. I explained that in these challenging times I didn't feel comfortable allowing strangers to access my computer over the internet. We went back and forth until she finally relented.

Question is how long do you think I (and you) can get away with this before we are forced to allow in-home inspections by health-care providers?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

One-payer Universal Healthcare will be a wonderful thing!!

The democrat party seems to love the idea of making the non-vaccinated pay 100% of all healthcare out-of-pocket.  They deserve it!

But that slippy slope goes directly down towards....  motorcycle riders,  skiers, skateboarders,  the obese,  diabetics, the non-exercisers (think, 1984),  meat eaters, drinkers, soda drinkers, jaywalkers, sunbathers,......

Skydiving is right out.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I got a call this morning from Humana, my Medicare Plus doer of whatever a Medicare Plus doer does. Gal says it's time for my annual wellness visit and she wanted to schedule a nurse to come out and examine my wellness. I explained that I have a PCP and have already had a checkup, which she should be able to verify since Humana was billed for it. Gal says she understood perfectly but they still want to send out a nurse and essentially do it again. I explained that in these challenging times I don't feel comfortable allowing strangers in my home. Gal says she understood perfectly and she can setup the wellness visit as an online Zoom meeting. I explained that in these challenging times I didn't feel comfortable allowing strangers to access my computer over the internet. We went back and forth until she finally relented.

Question is how long do you think I (and you) can get away with this before we are forced to allow in-home inspections by health-care providers?

That's why I don't take calls from unknown numbers.  They can always leave a message.  Every year I must get called twenty time by United Health Care Advantage, same spiel every time.  Like you said, they can see every time I see a doctor by looking at the records.  Just more of government digging for information like the questions the nurses ask when you go in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I recently needed a chest XRay.  Yeah, I've got Humana also with Medicare. 

Contacted Advent Health Urgent Care.  Sorta like a Doc in a Box, but they come to You and perform ALL SORTS of Services you normally have to go to either a Doc in a Box or a Lab to get done.  Needless to say, they contract out, but They sent over an XRay Tech, with a Portable XRay machine and he was out in 20 min.  Results the next day. 

I was driving buy one of our local Doc in a Box, and was Startled to see at LEAST 20 people standing in line outside!!!  I'll tell ya gwalch...I'll do THAT "In Home thing" anytime I can!!! 

As far as the "Wellness Crap"...you already know my feelings on that crap... 

My PCP has changed their office practices SO Much because of Covid that it is really, actually, a pleasant experience going to my Family Doc.  No one in the waiting room, (you sit in your car and they txt you when to come in).  I see only 1 Nurse and the Dr.  SOME things have improved because of the rona... No sittin in the "waiting room" with coughing and hacking people!!  AND EVERY appointment of mine are spot ON TIME!!

• Like 2

Told Aetna in no uncertain terms to stop that crap or I would find another provider to pay. Told them to stop calling as well, because I would notify if there was something I need.

I still get colon test kits, food allergy test kits, urinalysis, and a host of other BS in the mail, it all hits the trash. I did get a call asking about one of them, not sure which, and the lady started with her sales pitch. I asked about her medical degree and where she practices. Crickets. Again in no uncertain terms, I have a doctor I see twice a year, even though once would be plenty.

The kits still come, but less often, and the calls stopped. I don't know what inspired the insurance companies to start that crap.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Sure ya do....MONEY, Money, Money MOONNEEYY....:angryfire::newburn:

Probably. BCBS sent us a $6XX refund the last year I was insured with them. A $9xx the next and another $6xx the year after for some kind of not using enough percentage of the premiums. I had never heard of it, but it is what it is. This year LostWife's premium was cut near in half. Probably for the same reasons.

I have no clue what all that was about, or how much insurance companies are "allowed" to make, but it must have been quite substantially over billed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

When I learned I do not HAVE to “take advantage” of this Humanna “service” several years ago I stopped answering their phone calls. Most of the ignored calls they no longer even leave a voicemail. Remember it isn’t for your benefit it is for their billing purposes. (Now I wonder if Humanna is billing Medicare for the calls I refuse to answer.)

• Like 2