Auto insurance

crockett

Progressive just increased my premium by 30% on the year. In the past years it also went up on a regular basis. I have no insurance claims or tickets on my history.

In the news they threatened earlier this year that they will raise rates by 30 to 40% if a certain law will be passed, which will reduce insurance fraud. The law passed and here we are.

I'll be calling our attorney general's office and see if I can get an investigation started. I'm so sick and tired of these bullshit insurances companies in Florida. It's the same with our health care insurers. Hikes after hikes, while dropping the coverages!

How are things in your state? Did your rates go up, stay the same, or go down over time?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Progressive just increased my premium by 30% on the year. In the past years it also went up on a regular basis. I have no insurance claims or tickets on my history.

In the news they threatened earlier this year that they will raise rates by 30 to 40% if a certain law will be passed, which will reduce insurance fraud. The law passed and here we are.

I'll be calling our attorney general's office and see if I can get an investigation started. I'm so sick and tired of these bullshit insurances companies in Florida. It's the same with our health care insurers. Hikes after hikes, while dropping the coverages!

How are things in your state? Did your rates go up, stay the same, or go down over time?

Good luck sir.  It don't matter.  They can do whatever they want and not a damn thing you, me or any little piss upon can do about it.  Big Pharma, and Insurance company's run america.  And...they love sloppy joe.  

• Like 1

It's not illegal what they did, just shitty.  All you can do is shop around every few years to avoid the shaft.

Michigan is terrible because of the no fault insurance we have.  I think we used to be the worst in the country but now a dozen or so states have no fault, but we are still in the top 5 I'd guess.  Huge premiums due to the unlimited medical coverage that goes with it.

They recently passed a law saying that is now optional, but the insurance companies are now saying because the take rate is less and some medical policies cannot be primary regardless (large deductible plans, like any ACA plan you can afford...grrrr....) insurance rates will - you guessed it - go UP because they passed a law to reduce rates.

They are bastards, but they employ lots of lawyers to make sure their deceptions are legal.  Your only power is to dump them and go with another company.  Lather rinse repeat though because they all go up after a few years or even months.  They're almost......almost worse than cable companies.

6 hours ago, Peng said:

It's not illegal what they did, just shitty.  All you can do is shop around every few years to avoid the shaft.

Michigan is terrible because of the no fault insurance we have.  I think we used to be the worst n the country but now a dozen or so states have no fault, but we are still in the top 5 I'd guess.  Huge premiums due to the unlimited medical coverage that goes with it.

They recently passed a law saying that is now optional, but the insurance companies are now saying because the take rate is less and some medical policies cannot be primary regardless (large deductible plans, like any ACA plan you can afford...grrrr....) insurance rates will - you guessed it - go UP because they passed a law to reduce rates.

They are bastards, but they employ lots of lawyers to make sure their deceptions are legal.  Your only power is to dump them and go with another company.  Lather rinse repeat though because they all go up after a few years or even months.  They're almost......almost worse than cable companies.

I'm in Michigan, too, hating this stupid state and its stupid laws.  And yes, my insurance went up... but I'm not sure how much of that was the new law and how much was adding the teen driver...

10 hours ago, crockett said:

I'm in Minnesota and have Progressive. I've been with them for over 15 years. I made claims Feb 2018 and Feb 2021. I've never had a ticket. 

I traded in a 2014 Camry and bought a new car last may. My payments dropped from $252 every 6 months to $240. I asked them why the rate dropped, as I was buying a new car that was valued way over twice the the value of the 2014 Camry. They told me it's because of all the safety features that comes with the new car.

$450 deducible. And same/good coverage. 

Knocking on wood...I hope they don't change my rates.  

• Like 2

Yeah, USAA is a good value.  I've been with them for 5-6 years now.  The 2nd best I found, and very close,  was Liberty Mutual.  Supposedly you have to belong to an "organization" to join, but they were like - you were born in a hospital? - that's a GROUP - congrats.

You eat food - that's a GROUP! 

What?  You pee every day - GROUP!

I've never used my insurance, so when I say they're good I mean they are a really nice company to write a check to every month.  I've heard that USAA shines when the chips are down though, so we'll see.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peng said:

Yeah, USAA is a good value.  I've been with them for 5-6 years now.  The 2nd best I found, and very close,  was Liberty Mutual.  Supposedly you have to belong to an "organization" to join, but they were like - you were born in a hospital? - that's a GROUP - congrats.

You eat food - that's a GROUP! 

What?  You pee every day - GROUP!

I've never used my insurance, so when I say they're good I mean they are a really nice company to write a check to every month.  I've heard that USAA shines when the chips are down though, so we'll see.  

Last time I dealt with USAA or used my USAA credit card, I had major issues, but I just tried again.

Login on website had "module" problems, I tried again and its asking me to come back later. When I try again, it said that they locked my account for MY safety. What a joke! So I call in, and that damn automated phone system can't find my account, when I finally got through to a real person, she couldn't find my account at first, then I had to verify my account with her again, with a ton of data, including sending a code to me email address. Then she puts me on hold 2 times, telling me that she has to look into my account to better assist me. What the heck does that mean?! She confirmed my identity, so just unlock my damn online access. After the 2nd hold I asked her to connect me with a manager and she denied it. Then she connected me with some escalation team and that senior agent tells me that my account is not locked. I try again and still don't get in. She connected with their IT team and they had my email address blocked for whatever reason and that locked my account. What a ******* joke!

So I log in finally, start an auto quote, provide a ton of info, and get this displayed:

"We need additional details to provide you with a USAA auto quote. Please call (AGAIN)"

Yeah, **** that ****.

They used to be good, a long time ago. Now its a garbage company! 

image.thumb.png.21f353dbc84939b8dba20767365678b6.png

image.png.441cdd8f2ddc54bb2fe18f72f1570bb6.png

image.thumb.png.5649e884dd71bdfe8e7e88f2d5498d02.png

10 hours ago, crockett said:

They used to be good, a long time ago. Now its a garbage company! 

Man that sucks.  Experiences seem to be all over the map for everyone.

I had a great deal of trouble signing up at first now that I'm remembering.  I was trying to get Dad (WWII vet) a small policy because he thought the nurses were stealing his things at night.  I just wanted to put his mind at ease more than anything.  I called them and as his AIF thought I could do it easily.  They wanted to talk to him which just would have upset him so we went around and around in circles for awhile.  I had to get his discharge papers from the national archives.

They wanted his DD214 (which was not used and did not exist in 1945) and would not accept the NAVPERS form I had.  Eventually we got through that but man it sucked.

Their prices for premiums were the lowest I found, maybe since I also insure my truck with them.  They are still an insurance company though, so it pays to shop.

• Like 1