Banned from "The other M/B ?

DAKA

I gave that mod a reason to ban me, on purpose, a very long time ago, once I had enough from the bias and direction they were heading.

That being said, Eric isn't very keen on topics around the other site, that mod, bans, etc and would rather see us to move on. We had plenty of these threads over the years and it often leaves a bad taste behind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Banned? No.

Walked out on my own. It was turning into a wag fest. Too bad. An active forum with lots of variety. If Tim says it's getting better, then I'll believe him.

It's pretty obvious that Eric puts together a nice forum, and I may have gone in after his departure. Eric also gives a lot of rope. It seems to be appreciated and self control takes over more often than not. A compliment on the ones who hang around here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Rule 91

Walked away without saying a word after one of the mods wanted my head on a plate for pointing out the hypocrisy in their taking advertising money from a bra company with pictures clearly showing nipples through almost totally transparent bras all while banning great guys with their puritanical standards. 

It was a fun place. But things change. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LostinTexas said:

Banned? No.

Walked out on my own.

Yeah, me too.  I don't know...It just got to BIG for me.  I like "smaller" communities.  I enjoyed Mas's Posts, but, I said **** a couple times  and got jumped on one guy for a smart ass comment, and BOOM...I got a "warning" from some "lady".  I just said, "Naw"... these people just too sensitive...and I'm just too much of an...******* I guess...

Not my type of on line community.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

Rule 91

Walked away without saying a word after one of the mods wanted my head on a plate for pointing out the hypocrisy in their taking advertising money from a bra company with pictures clearly showing nipples through almost totally transparent bras all while banning great guys with their puritanical standards. 

It was a fun place. But things change. 

I don't remember the mod's name. I might remember if I read it. Anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,he had quite a reputation is would seem, on the internet. Someone even created a post about seeing a t shirt about being banned by him. I don't recall the forum I read that on, but it wasn't there.

Reputations are a funny thing, but getting one on the web for being such a stellar character is quite the achievement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

I don't remember the mod's name. I might remember if I read it. Anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,he had quite a reputation is would seem, on the internet. Someone even created a post about seeing a t shirt about being banned by him. I don't recall the forum I read that on, but it wasn't there.

Reputations are a funny thing, but getting one on the web for being such a stellar character is quite the achievement.

Russ P? yeah, he is a legend

• Like 1

At the beginning of summer, there was a period of aggressive moderation. Yes, it had to do with religion and religious posts. I can specifically remember it had to do with someone who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I'm probably going to do a bad job of paraphrasing this but, The poster was asking the question, "... If our lives are predetermined, is asking for prayers presumptuous?..." After only a few replies that were genuinely concerned and innocuous, the thread was locked stating that religious discussion was not allowed. Several other threads popped up immediately following the closure of that thread stating the hypocrisy on allowing people to post request for prayers. Those threads were all so locked.

After this, I decided I would "flounce" for the summer and see if anything changed. I am guessing it has not as I have not been there since.

Edit: found it. this one specifically

https://(the other place)threads/religious-question.1901278/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Over the past 2 decades I've taken frequent breaks from the site. Most because I tired of either/or: noise (bickering between groups, divisive times such as election years=noise or too much negative energy, tired of the troll accounts, etc). 

Only once to avoid a mod, a troll had their ear and it was best to just take a break. By the time I came back they were no longer a mod (did themselves in, so to did the troll eventually, along with their many pop up troll accounts). 

I think many could benefit from a regular break from any board as big and busy as that one use to be. 

jmho/ymmv

Respectfully 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TBO said:

Over the past 2 decades I've taken frequent breaks from the site. Most because I tired of either/or: noise (bickering between groups, divisive times such as election years=noise or too much negative energy, tired of the troll accounts, etc). 

Only once to avoid a mod, a troll had their ear and it was best to just take a break. By the time I came back they were no longer a mod (did themselves in, so to did the troll eventually, along with their many pop up troll accounts). 

I think many could benefit from a regular break from any board as big and busy as that one use to be. 

jmho/ymmv

Respectfully 

That was where we parted. A brand new account trolling, and I called them out. I guess they reported me and I got a nastygram. Told them a card suit is a card suit, got called a racist, told the mod to kick sand. He promptly told me he how if I didn't like the way he modded He could make sure I didn't need to bother.

Made it easy. Advised in no uncertain terms to delete my account. Crickets. I found an admin and told them the same. I don't want my membership making them a nickle. Still have an account. Just signed in to see. I also see they went with Xen. Not a bad format and it seems popular these days, so now they can be original over there with everyone else.

For over 20 years now I was always much more of a lurker than a poster. Hell, I waited a long time to even create an account both on the other site and eventually here. I tend to stay below the radar and not make waves, so I never really had a problem over there. 

Notice how the BGH doesn't have a bunch of mods. I think that makes things go smoother, for some reason. (If I've missed and thereby insulted some mod I haven't noticed or have overlooked or forgotten, I think that speaks volumes about your excellent moderation :greensupergrin: ). 

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess I'm weird too.  I know what the rules are (like everyone actually does) and don't break them...much. 

Some are high maintenance and like attention. I guess. 

It's a free site that has a few rules.  Big deal. 

17 minutes ago, Peng said:

Yeah, I guess I'm weird too.  I know what the rules are (like everyone actually does) and don't break them...much. 

Some are high maintenance and like attention. I guess. 

It's a free site that has a few rules.  Big deal. 

My issue was never with the rules, but the rules being applied selectively, as well as keeping trolls around while trying to silence long standing members.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, crockett said:

keeping trolls around while trying to silence long standing members.

This always bothers me. Letting some troll pick fights and act totally inappropriate then busting good guys who call the troll out or just stand up for themselves.

Like in school there was always a bully who got away with everything but the kid who wouldn’t take it gets suspended. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, .264 magnum said:

Me neither.

On 8/23/2021 at 5:41 PM, norton said:

I've been on the other site for coming up on 19 years.  Never heard from a mod about anything.  

Am I doing something wrong?  

Y'all are boring. rolling_zpsbd53a833.gif.76726d26c2deebbae2e7518c3ae7b150.gif

I've been on several boards over the years. Many due to immense boredom while offshore, and an equal love for motorcycles and riding. One of those nearly killed me, the other kept me going after that event.

I have heard from exactly two mods over something I posted. One was a girl in a bikini that "bent the rules" even though it was common practice and avatars were just as revealing if not more. The other was also mentioned in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2021 at 3:27 PM, DAKA said:

Anyone else who was "banned (OOOOO) who has NOT GONE BACK ?

I do miss a few of the posters, but I refuse to deal with the ASS HAT mods...(one of them at least)

A couple of thoughts:

1. People have many accounts on that site.  Getting banned is meaningless.

2. Banning you is generally doing you a favor.  You have to wade through a lot of bad posters to get to the good ones.

3. Most forums are for older people.  The young favor other social media.

4. Forums need us more then we need them.  Think about what would happen if no one posted on that other site.  It would fold. 

• Like 3