Masks are like the Maginot Line. The virus just goes around the perimeter.

Borg warner

Masks are only a symbolic gesture. They are like the Maginot line, the virus can just go around the perimeter. If the virus can go through pinhole size openings in woven fabric, Paper masks are not the least bit safer unless they're sealed tightly against the face like a gas mask. Anyone who seriously believes masks protects you from the virus is as ignorant as someone who believes that magic charms protect you from evil spirits. I am not anti-vaccine but I am anti-mask. it is mass stupidity on the part of a gullible public, and worse, the supposedly more educated medical community.

For those superstitious and ignorant enough to believe that masks work to protect you from a virus, let me paint a picture for you to illustrate why they don't.

mask5.jpg

• Like 3

I was at fred meyer today and this guy is walking around with a stupid fuckin mask on and his two foot tall kid didnt have one on. What the **** is the point of that? Few weeks ago this dude is walking through the same fred meyer him and his two monsters have on masks and his boy starts coughing so he pulls the kids mask of an lets the kid get over his coughing fit and then puts the mask back on. Fuckin stupid you can shove your mask up your ass. **** all mask nazis and democRATS!!!!!! 

• Confused 1

You have to see this from a national leadership level.

The main concern was reaching herd immunity slowly, or bridging the time until vaccines can take over, so that we don't run out of hospital beds and ventilators.

Reaching this goal is a numbers game, statistics to be exact, and it was not about masks that work 100% or 99.99%. Real respirator like N95 and N100 mask had been very limited last year and they needed those at the frontlines, because without doctors, nurses and EMTs we would have been royally screwed. So they suggested these cheap chin diapers in order to reduce the amount of air born pathogens, in average, to SLOW DOWN the spread and keep the masses out of the hospitals. Flattening the curve was used all the time.

All this makes sense from a pandemic standpoint.

This virus is real, the symptoms are much worse for many (not all), and lot of people literally said that they never felt so ill or about to die, well beyond your average flu.

Now, all the political motivation is a separate issue.

N95 and N100 respirators are now available at normal prices. If you don't get the vaccine - like me - and have limited contact to other people, it makes sense to get and use a proper mask. As I said a few days ago, I now know personally 4 guys in their mid 20s that got infected, and it put them into bad shape. One was on oxygen. I'm not in my 20s anymore and my health is not in good shape. Last thing I need is this China virus ******* me up.

13 hours ago, crockett said:

You have to see this from a national leadership level.

The main concern was reaching herd immunity slowly, or bridging the time until vaccines can take over, so that we don't run out of hospital beds and ventilators.

Reaching this goal is a numbers game, statistics to be exact, and it was not about masks that work 100% or 99.99%. Real respirator like N95 and N100 mask had been very limited last year and they needed those at the frontlines, because without doctors, nurses and EMTs we would have been royally screwed. So they suggested these cheap chin diapers in order to reduce the amount of air born pathogens, in average, to SLOW DOWN the spread and keep the masses out of the hospitals. Flattening the curve was used all the time.

All this makes sense from a pandemic standpoint.

This virus is real, the symptoms are much worse for many (not all), and lot of people literally said that they never felt so ill or about to die, well beyond your average flu.

Now, all the political motivation is a separate issue.

N95 and N100 respirators are now available at normal prices. If you don't get the vaccine - like me - and have limited contact to other people, it makes sense to get and use a proper mask. As I said a few days ago, I now know personally 4 guys in their mid 20s that got infected, and it put them into bad shape. One was on oxygen. I'm not in my 20s anymore and my health is not in good shape. Last thing I need is this China virus ******* me up.

You're a man of influence, knowledge, and capability.

Masks don't ******* work.

54 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

You're a man of influence, knowledge, and capability.

Masks don't ******* work.

There's a difference between respirators and "masks".

"All N95 and P100 FFR and cartridge models assessed in this study, therefore, met or exceeded their respective efficiency ratings of 95 and 99.97% against the viable MS2 test aerosol, even under the very high flow conditions. These NIOSH-approved FFRs and particulate respirators equipped with these cartridges can be anticipated to achieve expected levels of protection (consistent with their assigned protection factor) against airborne viral agents."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24011377/

Buy the full research here: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15459624.2013.818228?scroll=top&needAccess=true

They hold PDs. Feel free to archive your doctorate, collect decades of experiences in the field, and do your own research. Let me know when done, I'll be waiting.

1 hour ago, Fog said:

You post a study about N95 and N100 respirators in a thread about masks and then claim others don't have critical thinking skills?:uglylol:

Yeah, because people have been using these chin diapers and never considered to buy N95s. I don't recall ONE member on this forum having talked about N95s and I bet most, if not all, used those jokes of a cloth mask. I bet you did too.

I haven't used cloth mask once. Had N95s from a project when the virus started spreading in Jan. 2020. Only ever bought N95s after, even when they had been sucked up by flippers and sold for 300 bucks for a pack of 15.

image.thumb.png.e7635bee9dd94239e72e74df40385088.png

That's called critical thinking. Understanding that cloth "masks" don't work and buying / using the real deal from day one.

And just to be clear, N95s are also called masks.

We use N95 masks by the case for our employees. We were unable to find any, anywhere, at any price, until late last year. For eight months we found other ways of handling the dust and debris.  We use N100 with carbon in the welding shop and for the paint touch up area. Those were not available at all until about two months ago, still not available at the local Home Depot. The replacable cartridge units were available sooner, but many of the guys prefer to use a throw away one because reusing the same one over and over again is gross and requires constant cleaning. I've been buying a lot of the cartridge style units and just letting them get a new one every few weeks. Cost of business, but it sucks.

I suspect most N95 were horded by people who never wore them because I'm seeing them at garage sales in sealed packages. I refuse to buy them. We worked it out to get by without them, they can watch their money rot for all I care.

Home depot wanted nearly $40 a gallon for 80% alcohol hand sanitizer a few months ago. Now they are dumping it for $0.50 a gal. Warms my heart, hope they took a huge loss on all those hyped up useless products. Judging by the pallets they are trying to clearance at pennies on the dollar I think they did.

The resurging mask mandates are because the retailers want to create demand to get rid of the product they are stuck with, it has nothing at all to do with saving a single person, masks don't work and never did, they only made the spread worse and created more health problems.

We have mandatory breaks for our guys wearing masks per OSHA rules. All these businesses that violated those rules have no idea the fines they are looking at.