The Coming Genocide in Afghanistan

Gunboat1

To truly understand who the Taliban are, and the slaughter, torture, rape and perversion they are about to unleash, watch 2007's The Kite Runner.

We need to get our people out of there, using whatever military force is required.  I recommend an Airborne assault in Division strength to retake Bagram Air Base, landing of tanks and APC's to support evacuation operations.   Huge drone and gunship forces.  Then once we are out, bomb the palace, and all government centers, military facilities, vehicles and equipment we can locate.  

Biden should be impeached for incompetence.   Fire the senior military leadership who had anything to do with this debacle,  down to the O7 level.

Evil walks the earth in Afghanistan, and our national leadership's stupidity and dereliction of duty has just empowered it and armed it to the teeth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Gunboat1 said:

To truly understand who the Taliban are, and the slaughter, torture, rape and perversion they are about to unleash, watch 2007's The Kite Runner.

We need to get our people out of there, using whatever military force is required.  I recommend an Airborne assault in Division strength to retake Bagram Air Base, landing of tanks and APC's to support evacuation operations.   Huge drone and gunship forces.  Then once we are out, bomb the palace, all military vehicles and equipment we can locate.  

Biden should be impeached for incompetence.   Fire the senior military leadership who had anything to do with this debacle,  down to the O7 level.

Evil walks the earth in Afghanistan, and our national leadership incompetence has just empowered it and armed it to the teeth.

Pelosi wouldn’t stage an impeachment of Biden - or any Democrat for that matter - to save her soul. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

How long has it been since top of the line (even near top) generals and admirals were in the fields and under fire with their troops?

Lee and Grant, Stonewall, Sherman… and Custer… Patton… who since the turn of the century?

I seem to recall Stormin Norman being in theater when the scuds were dropping in for a visit.

• Like 6

Battles are fought and won by NCOs and good company and field grade officers.  Thus it ever was and ever shall be.  But wars are directed, and won or lost by visionary or incompetent senior officers.  That's why it is so important to select and promote them for ability, not color or gender or adherence to PC policy.  We have largely failed in that process of selection and promotion for the past 40 years, and the fruits are becoming evident now.

I told you so.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gunboat1 said:

Battles are fought and won by NCOs and good company and field grade officers.  Thus it ever was and ever shall be.  But wars are directed, and won or lost by visionary or incompetent senior officers.  That's why it is so important to select and promote them for ability, not color or gender or adherence to PC policy.  We have largely failed in that process of selection and promotion for the past 40 years, and the fruits are becoming evident now.

I told you so.

Not to reflect only on Afghanistan, some of our blue water navy has been running into cargo ships… or being run into by cargo ships. Suspect their D.I.E. scores were exemplary. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, railfancwb said:

How long has it been since top of the line (even near top) generals and admirals were in the fields and under fire with their troops?

Lee and Grant, Stonewall, Sherman… and Custer… Patton… who since the turn of the century?

Wasn't Killary under fire at an airport?

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Rellik said:

Hienlien's "Starship Troopers"   anyone?

Not so much for the bug battles, but for the duty & anecdote and history between chapters.  

His thoughts on full citizenship and the voting franchise make a hell of a lot of sense,  too 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Gunboat1 said:

I know that the idea of "no skin in the game, no vote" makes a hell of a lot of sense.

I wish that applied to paying taxes. Bunch of little wimps that never worked a day in their life voting to raise my taxes really iritates me.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

Yeah, the corporals who can barely speak English would have done SO much better.  🙄

Laughably inane.

Corporals and sergeants who can barely speak English conquered half of the world.  

When they became worthless ossifers, they lost the wars.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1