Sharp customer service

gwalchmai

Long ago, in the dim past, Mrs. G bought a couple of Cutco paring knives from her HS friend's nephew. Kinda pricey for stamped knives, I know, but they took a good edge and cut well, and have served us in a workmanlike manner. Last week Mrs. G was cutting up a mess of string beans and her 4" knife went missing. She finally found it on the range top, where it had been stuck against the grate and one of the handles had become melted. I packed the knife off to Cutco mothership and asked them to repair the handle and put a factory edge on the blade. Today I received this:

knife-on-beach.jpg.7166ad9558cda4965e326980209ae677.jpg

Great news! I just got word from our Product Care team that your Cutco is being serviced at our factory in Olean, N.Y.

We know it can be nerve-racking sending your well-loved Cutco away for service, but rest-assured we handle every piece of Cutco as if it were our own. Just a reminder, all Cutco products are backed by The Forever Guarantee and we want every Cutco customer to be a satisfied customer FOREVER.

As you might expect, it may take some extra time to service and ship your Cutco, so your continued patience is much appreciated.

Thank you for being part of the Cutco family, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out! Your Personal Product Care number is xxxxxxx

product-care-supervisor.jpg.34b7ad5b5a922dd3c59e4a575bc76f59.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

In these challenging times it's good to hear from companies who stand behind their products. Kudos to Cutco! :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's nice to hear that some folks honor their warranty's.

I recently has a shell on my carry holster crack. It was several years old, and I contacted the company about sending out another one, and I'd be happy to pay for it. I remembered them being a bit troublesome to get in touch with, and rather slow in getting the holster out, but they said they would take 6 weeks in the first place. Jump 5 years later and here we were, got an email the next morning that said very plainly they didn't want my money, well for that. They have a lifetime warranty and mean it.

Not trying to poop on your thread but good service is good service.

• Like 2