Major hurricane incoming, going to bulk-buy toilet paper tonight!

crockett

Local Hurricane Tracker for Fred right into my face when I want to check my weather:

image.png.235d4f539e20269a260f8381acb8c059.png

Oh the horror! I better go for a toilet paper run!

Once you click on the link you get to see Peak Sustained Winds: 25 mph

TWENTY FIVE MPH!

A lame hurricane cat 1 starts at 74 mph and a cat 5 is at least 157 mph.

I swear, today's weather channels are on the same fearmongering bullshit level as CNN and all those other liberal fake news outlets!

image.png.88cd6f684deda7c454550aab7cfeb6ed.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Go to Costco. Get in line with all the TP and bottled water hoarding idiots. Have nothings but gallon jars of mayonnaise and big bottles of Tabasco in your cart. When someone looks at you just smile and say “You’ll see”. 

Then go to Home Depot and buy a shovel, plastic sheet, duct tape, saw and flower seeds. Lots of flower seeds. Say nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Go to Costco. Get in line with all the TP and bottled water hoarding idiots. Have nothings but gallon jars of mayonnaise and big bottles of Tabasco in your cart. When someone looks at you just smile and say “You’ll see”. 

Then go to Home Depot and buy a shovel, plastic sheet, duct tape, saw and flower seeds. Lots of flower seeds. Say nothing. 

WAIT!!!  I just went to Costco, and they had Toilet Paper and Paper towels..."LIMIT...5 Per Customer"..****.  I only bought 2 each!!  AND...ANOTHER MASSIVE Storm Behind "fred".:anim_lol:  BRING it!!!:rock:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

WAIT!!!  I just went to Costco, and they had Toilet Paper and Paper towels..."LIMIT...5 Per Customer"..****.  I only bought 2 each!!  AND...ANOTHER MASSIVE Storm Behind "fred".:anim_lol:  BRING it!!!:rock:

Its the liberal transplants from up North. They don't understand the hurricane party concept.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Today's weather reports don't even give the temperatures any more.  It's all "real feels".

Sure, it "feels",  for reals!, like 113*,  but it's really 88*. 

And winter only has "windchill" now.

Only thing I watch anymore is the damn Humidity in my house on my Thermostat...so I can fuckin BREATH at night!!   Friggin 39-40 Himidity in my house!! Dryer than a Popcorn Fart!!!

My Nose is Bleadin at night it was so damn DRY!!!

Bought a couple of Humidifiers....MUCH fuckin better!!!  MUCH, MUCH, MUCH!!! :biggrin::cool:

• Like 1

We are hot and dry and looking at gusts of 24mph.

Weather guys and gals are freaking out, have like 5 warnings stacked up. High heat, high winds, Red Flag, and some others I'm forgetting. 

Weather is pretty dramatic.

I kind of figure either it will be a problem or it won't. Can't worry about what might, maybe, could develop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Only thing I watch anymore is the damn Humidity in my house on my Thermostat...so I can fuckin BREATH at night!!   Friggin 39-40 Himidity in my house!! Dryer than a Popcorn Fart!!!

Bought a couple of Humidifiers....MUCH fuckin better!!!  MUCH, MUCH, MUCH!!! :biggrin::cool:

Au contraire. I don't understand sub 60% humidity in an outdoor environment. 85+ is my lifetime norm.

11 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

Au contraire. I don't understand sub 60% humidity in an outdoor environment. 85+ is my lifetime norm.

Actually, there's not a darn thing I can do about it.  There's no adjustment.  Today it is 42% humidity.  The humidity outside is probably almost 90.  The higher the outside humidity, the higher my inside humidity is.  Go figure, right.

We have a good wildfire just east of the city. Temps are high but wind is low and a little rain on the way. So far so good but it could get bad. 

Local news is reporting 3000+ Acres and out of control. 

Fire authorities reported 650-800 acres. 20% containment. 

Media sucks. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

We have a good wildfire just east of the city. Temps are high but wind is low and a little rain on the way. So far so good but it could get bad. 

Local news is reporting 3000+ Acres and out of control. 

Fire authorities reported 650-800 acres. 20% containment. 

Media sucks. 

Good luck Brother Bates. tom.

• Thanks 1

Our local media on a local fire told us how thin resources were, no firefighters or aircraft available to fight the fire. Turned right around in the next sentence and told people not to come help, leave it to professionals "You may have a water truck or something, but if you don't have a contract the fire commandeers don't want you here, you'll just be in the way."

Of course, most the people around here ignore that and help anyway, they'll help a friend save his house and barns and cattle and equipment. Basically head to a ranch to help out and stay out of the way of the professionals. It's safest that way, the professionals are working very hard, but also getting their asses kicked due to weather changing.

• Like 4

Back in 1986 I was stationed at Naval Air Station NJ. We mustered in the rain for our morning PT and the Chief told us that Hurricane Charley was coming, and we were all to stay in the barracks for the rest of the day. A bunch of us decided to go to the Seaside Heights boardwalk and see the storm.  Seven sailors squeezed into my '79 Toyota and off we went. At the boardwalk not much was going on. A few brave souls beside us were standing out in the rain watching the waves roll up under the boardwalk. Not much wind though. No damage at all. We got bored after a while. Most of the businesses were closed but being sailors we found a place open and pouring beer, so our unexpected day off wasn't a total waste.  These days they would declare a mandatory evacuation and run everyone off if a Hurricane came, even a Cat 1 like Charley.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, deputy tom said:

Good luck Brother Bates. tom.

Thanks. The fire can’t hurt us but it is close to the Park City area. It can get bad but the media is good nuts with it. Playing down how well they are controlling it. Hyping how bad it is.

It was started by bad catalytic converter blowing sparks. The news is showing parts they recovered from the ignition point. One idiot wants inspections CCs to prevent fires or banning cars with them in fire risk areas. Like everywhere west of the Rockies. 

Edit: apparently the idiot commentator doesn’t know what a Catalytic Converter is, does, or it that all gas cars have one mandated by law. He makes it sound like it is a dangerous aftermarket part. At least he is only on radio. 

On 8/15/2021 at 9:44 PM, Swampfox762 said:

quitcher bitchin and open a window. you'll have mold growing by morning.

I used to just hate humidity. now, showering with the bathroom door closed is like strangling me. Covid lungs like it cool and dry.

• Haha 2