A Fly's Dying Declaration

Eric

• Administrators

I was just looking at the site on my laptop when a large fly apparently flew into the ceiling fan and got nailed. I heard the faint thump and as I started to look up, the little bastard fell out of the air, right onto the keyboard of my MacBook. He came to rest squarely on the 'M' key. Now I am left to wonder if he was trying to tell me something. Was the key he landed on a choice, or mere happenstance? What could he have been trying to communicate to me with that M-key landing? He could have just discovered the meaning of life in his final moments and was trying to share it with me. A flying, dying declaration, if you will.  I'll never know and that realization will haunt me for minutes.

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, holyjohnson said:

perhaps the Fly was aiming for Command+ M, that does Minimize all Windows.

The Departed Fly may have been Steve Jobs Reincarnated..

Seems like Jobs would have aimed for the 'Control' key. :anim_lol:

• Haha 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

perhaps the Fly was aiming for Command+ M, that does Minimize all Windows.

The Departed Fly may have been Steve Jobs Reincarnated..

Anyway, if it was Steve Jobs reincarnated, God must be a Windows user.

• Like 1

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

God Prefers the TempleOS, even God cant get past Windows Shabby Security..

I wish God was a Linux user. The universe would run much more smoothly.

#!/bin/bash

for (( ; ; ))
do
   echo "infinite loops [ hit CTRL+Armageddon to stop]"
done

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

are you saying The BGH knowingly used a Fan to take out that Fly?

I'm crafty like that. The setup took weeks, but the plan came off without a hitch. I once killed a praying mantis with a car antenna, at high speed. Now THAT was a job.

• Haha 1

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Eric said:

#!/bin/bash

for (( ; ; ))
do
done

For the edification of you non-geek types, 'bash' stands for 'Bourne Again Shell'. :biggrin:

Bash-Shell.png.29c79f5601bc9b239fdea8c78e7c2518.png

• Administrators

Seriously, God could probably automate 70% or 80% of his daily scutt work as cron jobs. As far as people problems go, basically, most people could be replaced with fairly simple shell scripts and no one would even notice. He could really cut down on his workload.

• Administrators

Since God would obviously have root access, I wonder if he would assign non-believer users to /usr/bin/false? Trust me, if you are into UNIX/Linux, that is worth at least a half-hearted sympathy chuckle.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

#!/bin/bash

for (( ; ; ))
do
done

Ever since Jan 2021 I think he would want to start all over with rm -rf /

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eric said:

Since God would obviously have root access, I wonder if he would assign non-believer users to /usr/bin/false? Trust me, if you are into UNIX/Linux, that is worth at least a half-hearted sympathy chuckle.

He'd send them to a really nice place, in /dev/null.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I was just looking at the site on my laptop when a large fly apparently flew into the ceiling fan and got nailed. I heard the faint thump and as I started to look up, the little bastard fell out of the air, right onto the keyboard of my MacBook. He came to rest squarely on the 'M' key. Now I am left to wonder if he was trying to tell me something. Was the key he landed on a choice, or mere happenstance? What could he have been trying to communicate to me with that M-key landing? He could have just discovered the meaning of life in his final moments and was trying to share it with me. A flying, dying declaration, if you will.  I'll never know and that realization will haunt me for minutes.

Perhaps the fly was a recent high school graduate from Oregon and was looking at pictures of,uh, reading the  flight plan, when the ceiling fan flew into him thereby leading to his untimely demise.   Cause of death listed as chines flu.  

• Haha 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, crockett said:

I don't think anything gets even written to the HDD. The file is a device that dumps it right away.

I know, but /dev/null exists man. Out there in the ether. All that stuff we send to it ends up there and there it sets. Waiting. A Ghost in the Machine.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Eric said:

I know, but /dev/null exists man. Out there in the ether. All that stuff we send to it ends up there and there it sets. Waiting. A Ghost in the Machine.

******* spellchecker. I spelled out ether twice and twice it changed it to either. I am sick of that electronic d-bag second-guessing me.

• Haha 1