Today's discussion topic

gwalchmai

Salad...Have to be in the mood for salad...A nice WEDGE SALAD is good, but then again its mostly the dressing...

HOOTERS used to have a great Chopped Salad, they would put all the "good stuff' (cheeses, egg, bacon, turkey, ham etc) on top so you could eat all of that and just some of the "grass".

Ever notice how much lettuce gets thrown away? Could cut the lettuce in a salad in half and still dump a lot of it...

Talk about a STEAK... we shared a huge COSTCO PRIME last night, it was about 2" thick....Grilled, sliced, had a mixed green salad with baked goat cheese on top (Oh and a small baked potato)

• Like 3

I guess we'll disagree on this. 

Crisp romaine lettuce, Romano tomatoes, Red Onion loops, a few cucumber slices, a side of cottage cheese and maybe a peach wedge. Top it with sunflower seeds and a sprinkle of bacon. Light drizzle of Catalina dressing and we're ready to go!

• Like 1

Love me some salad.  The garden is spitting out cucumbers and tomatoes faster than I can keep up.

Tip - get a salad spinner if you eat them a lot.  An amazing device that dries out everything so dressing can stick (and you use a lot less) and keeps the lettuce crisp and fresh for a long time.  I love olives, cottage cheese, peas, chick peas, 3 bean mix, beets etc etc.  Endless variety and so refreshing on a hot day.

Might be one of the only things I wouldn't put Ketchup on too.

• Like 1

Cut up some lettuce.  Lightly Coat it with olive oil. Sprinkle on some garlic, onion and chipotle powder and stir.  To add some protein or flavor, add a can of peas, black beans or green beans.  cooked Ground turkey is always a nice addition as are corn chips.  Or, in place of all that, stir in a can of tuna.

Top with some apple cider vinegar.

Enjoy as is or wrap it up in a flour tortilla burrito.  It's all good. 

Lunch salad:

Romaine heart, English cucumber, yellow onion, solid white tuna chunks

Dressing: 1/2 cup extra virgin cold press olive oil from Spain, juice from 2 limes, 3 squirts of light agave syrup, 2 small garlic cloves, pink salt, black pepper, emulsified in a blender

20210809_193127.jpg

• Like 1

I love salad, especially when all the ingredients come out of my garden.  Having said that, I'm a dressing snob - I dislike store-bought dressings and prefer to make mine fresh.  I'm currently trying to recreate the orange-lavender vinaigrette that was on the sliced roasted beet, goat cheese, and pine nuts over arugula salad I had while out to dinner on vacation.  We'll see if I get it right later this week...

• Like 3