And The Winner Is:

Eric

• Administrators

First off, I would like to extend my sincere thanks to everyone who participated in this donation drive. The help is both needed and appreciated it.

Let me walk you through how I chose the winner:

• I wrote a PERL program that compiled from the TBS database, a list of everyone who had donated during the time period in question, along with the amount they donated.
  • I divided the donation amounts by ten (Ten dollars per entry). I rounded any numbers that weren't multiples of ten up to the next multiple. IE: $5 became 1 entry. $25 became 3 entries.
  • I assigned a number value to each entry, for each person who entered and wrote the information into a text file.
  • I added a random number generator that picked a random number within the range of the entry numbers just assigned to everyone's entries. That number was output to the screen when my program finished. That number was 206.
  • I then went into the ContestWinners.txt file I wrote the entry info into and checked to see who the number corresponded to.

And the winner is: crockett

I'll include screenshots of the relevant area of the ContestWinners.txt file and a screenshot of the output of the program below.

Thanks again to everyone and congrats crockett.

293279603_ScreenShot2021-08-08at6_34_00PM.thumb.png.74921a5daf19a7ef9f030a1df80e908b.png

1056370953_ScreenShot2021-08-08at6_34_43PM.png.e83c5e93df644e1f29fbb49b215d8c5f.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

Congrats Crockett!

Thanks for the Site BGH,

Thank you, man. You guys have all been great. These are some lean times right now and everyone's support has allowed me to keep the doors open here. That means so much to me.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crockett said:

WOOP WOOP!

I just sent Eric a PM. I stick to my word, it goes right back into his hands and it's up to him if he wants to put it back up or just keep it.

Having a home here at TBS is already a huge gift.

It's a good day.

Much Cool dude...:cool::rock:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crockett said:

WOOP WOOP!

I just sent Eric a PM. I stick to my word, it goes right back into his hands and it's up to him if he wants to put it back up or just keep it.

It's a good day.

your a Good Man Crockett!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, crockett said:

WOOP WOOP!

It's a good day.

Nice move.:cheers:

• Like 2

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, crockett said:

WOOP WOOP!

It's a good day.

I just replied to your PM, but thanks again, man. This was a hell of a nice thing for you to do and that's on top of a generous donation to the site.

You are all a great group of people. Folks like you are why I do what I do. I don't know what I would do without y'all. Eric

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

58 minutes ago, Eric said:

I just replied to your PM, but thanks again, man. This was a hell of a nice thing for you to do and that's on top of a generous donation to the site.

You are all a great group of people. Folks like you are why I do what I do. I don't know what I would do without y'all. Eric

Cool.

NOW...

whatcha gonna go with the 19???  Raffle it again??  I'll buy tickets again!!!  :cool:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Find a nice young'n who could really use it, and definitely couldn't afford it. It would make a fine gift for the right person. 

TBS has no sponsors nor advertisements. There is no profit being generated, it only creates costs for Eric, for server hosting, domain registration, software, and it needs a ton of Eric's time for maintenance that is also unpaid for. If I remember correctly, Eric lost his gig due to covid. Throw in some health issues, and now he is "auctioning" off his personal property to keep the place going.

I think he should keep his gun and we all should go through our personal stuff and see if we can find something that we haven't used in a while, and offer it to be entered as a giveaway for TBS.

More importantly, we all should invite new folks. Who knows, maybe we all can grow TBS to a point that firearms related sponsors get on board. I'd love to see TBS becoming what GT used to be.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, crockett said:

TBS has no sponsors nor advertisements. There is no profit being generated, it only creates costs for Eric, for server hosting, domain registration, software, and it needs a ton of Eric's time for maintenance that is also unpaid for. If I remember correctly, Eric lost his gig due to covid. Throw in some health issues, and now he is "auctioning" off his personal property to keep the place going.

I think he should keep his gun and we all should go through our personal stuff and see if we can find something that we haven't used in a while, and offer it to be entered as a giveaway for TBS.

More importantly, we all should invite new folks. Who knows, maybe we all can grow TBS to a point that firearms related sponsors get on board. I'd love to see TBS becoming what GT used to be.

I got some cci 450s.... And some 350s. Bidding might get crazy. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

I feel comfortable with my ammo stash, and primers are hard to come by.  I'll rummage through tomorrow. I have some goodies to throw in, but I hope others jump in too.

If Eric agrees, I'll start a new thread for the next round. Not this month.. maybe we can get this going quarterly. We should be able to get a few things together. A box of primers is a great idea but we have to ship them with Hazmat.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, crockett said:

If Eric agrees, I'll start a new thread for the next round. Not this month.. maybe we can get this going quarterly. We should be able to get a few things together. A box of primers is a great idea but we have to ship them with Hazmat.

I live near the geographic center of the world's sole superpower. FTF is always on the table. Plus that gives other nearby members exclusive rights to chill with yours truly.

We ain't hard to find. Lake of the Ozarks is booming. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, crockett said:

This sounds like a great idea. I used to do something similar on Glock Talk. Quarterly does sound like a reasonable timeframe as well. Thanks again.

• Like 3

• Eric unpinned this topic