Let's try this...

gwalchmai

Guys, we're frustrating the BGH. I've been on here a long time, and on other forums (I know it's s'posed to be fora, but hell, if I say that everyone will look at me askance for being fancy) and Eric really treats us well and puts up with things that would get us banned so quick our heads would spin (little heads, too). So, my proposal is that before we post something let's take a second and ask if it adds original content, is relevant to the thread, or (esp in my case) is it rude to the other poster. 

And if it's a meme, put it in a meme thread. 

• Like 2

Here's a bit of ancient wisdom:

If you hold a bird in your hand very gently, the bird will stay.

But if you squeeze very tightly, its eyes will bug out.

See! It adds original content, is relevant to the thread, and it is not rude to another poster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

Here's a bit of ancient wisdom:

If you hold a bird in your hand very gently, the bird will stay.

But if you squeeze very tightly, its eyes will bug out.

See! It adds original content, is relevant to the thread, and it is not rude to another poster.

That would be worth two in the bush.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Guys, we're frustrating the BGH.

I think Eric is a Big boy...He can certainly take care of himself.  AND,...when he speaks...we listen.  Least I try to... Sometimes It takes me a couple times of him smackin me in the head...but...I eventually, get it.

Eric gives a lot of rope.

As for "Original", well, that is a double edged mess. I like this forum. There isn't a lot of, or any of, "Use the Search Engine" garbage. Even though that is viable, most searches are garbage and frustrating, AND, it is a discussion forum. If there were half a dozen of the same old on the first couple of pages, then some of that would be understandable, but most places don't have that. Same old ass questions may roll across the eyes of someone who knows the answer, new or newly learned. I like the discussion. There is always some new perspective, so it makes it worth while.

Otherwise, there is a place to put all the off the wall topics that roll through, so I don't really understand the rant, or maybe I do.

Cheers

• Like 2

I've noticed the site doesn't have much in the way of ads at this time. That means Eric is still eating most of the site's costs personally. Does Eric have a living will where someone has to keep this site running after him? {kidding, of course}

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

I've noticed the site doesn't have much in the way of ads at this time. That means Eric is still eating most of the site's costs personally. Does Eric have a living will where someone has to keep this site running after him? {kidding, of course}

DONATE...................DONATE...................DONATE

If anything happens to this site I'm done....THAT "OTHER PLACE" sux big time (Actually  MOST of the guys are fine)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

You have done specific math for the zombie apocalypse. I'm not sure if I should laugh, be impressed, or quietly take notes....damn...

THE ZOMBIES ARE HERE...IN WASHINGTON......IN THE WHITE HOUSE,,,,,JB & Co...