• 9 mm
    • .40 S&W
    • 10 mm
    • .45 AUTO
    • .38 Special
    • .357 Magnum
    • .44 Magnum
    • not listed

For the longest time I have been carrying a G42 in .380 ACP with a pinky / mag extension and mag spring kit for 8 rounds in the mag, none in the chamber (yes I'm that guy).

I bought a Sig P365 9 mm when it came out but never started carrying it due to the firing pins breaking and Sig (USA) being a pile of **** company.

Since we live in a time with crime rates going up and nutcases being nourished by the new "liberal" Dem craziness where every loser feels entitled to attack, burn down or steal your ****, I feel like going back to my old carry caliber, the 10 mm. A long time ago I carried my G29, but I think I'm down for a G20 this time around, for more capacity.

What caliber is your carry piece?

Thinking of any changes?

• Like 1

I carry 3 of those, but most commonly is probably .380. Have a little Sig P238 that is a dream to shoot.  After that, a small single-stack Glock in 9mm. And rarely, a Glock midsize in .45.

You right, doe. Peoples do be gettin worser. Caliber and capacity might have to go up a bit from my typical carry. For me, that would just be a move back to a G19.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tadbart said:

I carry 3 of those, but most commonly is probably .380. Have a little Sig that is a dream to shoot.  After that, a small single-stack Glock in 9mm. And rarely, a Glock midsize in .45.

You right, doe. Peoples do be gettin worser. Caliber and capacity might have to go up a bit from my typical carry. For me, that would just be a move back to a G19.

Changed this poll thing to multiple choice, so you can enter all 3 if you feel like it.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, crockett said:

What caliber is your carry piece?

Thinking of any changes?

Glock 30s, 10 + 1, with an extra 10 round mag in my pocket. 

Changes?  ******* Why?  Carry what suites your Soul man. ANY bullet is better than NO Bullet.

Sorry, but I want that MF DRT on the First shot IF possible.  I LOVE a slow and Fat bullet that doesn't Exit.  It just works better than a "fast, right thru ya"...bullet.  I love "Drama"..Oh, wait...that's TRAMA...  I don't want to shoot ya, but I want ya dead if I have to.

• Like 3

I have said this before, but here goes again.

I carry a G41/14 round mag with a spare 20 round in the car console.  I can carry it with a T shirt in jeans anywhere, so I'm happy.

I figure the number of threats are going up since I have the city of Minneapolis near, and you heard the news reports about that **** hole.

My favorite carry however, is a 4:" .357 Magnum, I love that gun, and round.  But it's 6 shots.

I started with a .40 caliber Glock and soon I found I was able to carry it with a 15 round mag, so I did.

My father had a 1911 and I loved that gun, so my history won out in my present day carry.

• Thanks 1

Just saw this on Fox news. Prime example why I will change caliber and firearm. I want more barrier penetration when bad guys hide and more capacity for multiple attackers.

G20 with Arredondo mag extension and one in the chamber: 21 x 10 mm

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, crockett said:

Just saw this on Fox news. Prime example why I will change caliber and firearm. I want more barrier penetration when bad guys hide and more capacity for multiple attackers.

G20 with Arredondo mag extension and one in the chamber: 21 x 10 mm

Watching this made me say a bad word and jacked my BP up.

• Sad 1

If I’m physically active, I’ll carry the LCP, my “get off me gun.”

Most days that I do carry, it’s the 9mm XDs with a red dot optic.

Just running around outdoors, it might be a Ruger GP100 3” in .357.

If it’s winter time, and I’m heading to the big city, it’s the XDm 4.5 in 10mm.

162302F0-0685-41AF-A52F-3EB428B52CC8.jpeg

E42F924E-8C03-4741-B8C0-B0C162678F98.jpeg

245AFB0F-7A3F-481A-B247-0485B0BE11C4.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

I carry either a 5” Kimber CDP or when I can’t carry a real gun, I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT. I’ve carried one or the other for almost two decades. Before the P3AT came out, I had a P32 instead.

I destroyed the finish on several P3ATs by carrying them next to my skin, with the belt clip. I finally got one with a matte hard-chromed barrel and slide. Problem solved. I’ve been carrying that one almost ten years and it still looks new. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Eric said:

I carry either a 5” Kimber CDP or when I can’t carry a real gun, I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT. I’ve carried one or the other for almost two decades. Before the P3AT came out, I had a P32 instead.

I destroyed the finish on several P3ATs by carrying them next to my skin, with the belt clip. I finally got one with a matte hard-chromed barrel and slide. Problem solved. I’ve been carrying that one almost ten years and it still looks new. 

I still want a .32 ACP pistol. That NAA is on my radar for probably 10 years now. Only thing that keeps me concerned is the double action only. I like light triggers...

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, crockett said:

I still want a .32 ACP pistol. That NAA is on my radar for probably 10 years now. Only thing that keeps me concerned is the double action only. I like light triggers...

I have an NAA Guardian. The trigger is not light. The pistol is also punishing to shoot, compared to a polymer locked-breech mousegun like the Kel-Tec. The P3AT has less felt recoil than the .32acp Guardian. The Kel-Tec is also more accurate, thinner and far lighter. I’m not sure if it is still the case, but when it came out, the Kel-Tec P32 was the thinnest locked-breech semiauto pistol ever produced. It also has a 7-round capacity and the slide locks back on an empty mag.

Having said all that, the Guardian is a nicely machined little pistol and I do like it. They took the Seacamp design and added several meaningful improvements to the design. They also built a gun that wasn’t limited to firing one brand and type of ammo, if you want reliable service. The Winchester Silvertip is a good round, but not my preferred choice. Anyway, I don’t think that the Guardian is a great carry gun, but that’s no reason not to get one just because. Just don’t expect a lot of shooting comfort or accuracy out of it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Depending on Miss Cleo's advice, either a Kel Tec  P32, a Ruger EC9S, or a Beretta 81.

The P32 either in a velour pocket holster or a Safepacker J-frame. The Ruger EC9s in a Safepacker J-frame or Officer's, or a Bianchi vertical shoulder holster (rarely). The Beretta 81 in the Officer's.

Ammo is simple. I prefer either light and fast, or slow and heavy.

• Like 1

Depends.   1911 full size.  If in uniform backup is an Officers under the left arm.   Or a Smith .357 on the ankle.

Smith is a regular carry almost every day since I don't wear a uniform more than a few times a month (reservist at this point).

In the winter months when i can CCW with heavier clothes it's a Commander.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

45 ACP, 380 or 38. Depends on what I’m doing, what I’m wearing and where I’m going. 

Sometimes 44 Mag. But that’s with snake loads in snake country. 

Mostly 380 (Ruger LCP MAX) 10 rounds, and depending on where I'm going extra 10 round mag....BUT on the road  SHIELD 9 and a few extra H/C mags...or ???

• 2 months later...