Damn heat!

crockett

Getting tired of the heat (and humidity). While it "only" shows 93 F, with our humidity, the felt temperature sits at 110 F.

Florida is great, but unless you hang at the beach, you can't do much in this heat. And this **** lasts well over half a year, every year.

Trying to get my minivan build done, but the heat causes me to make mistakes, rush work, having to cool down in the house every 15 minutes. White t-shirt and a huge fan doesn't really help. T-shirts are wet within 10 min.

What's the point of this "awesome" weather when you can't do **** outside?!

What's the point of this "awesome" weather when you seek AC'd rooms and cars all the time?!

I either need a large shop with an AC, or I have to find another place to live.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, crockett said:

Getting tired of the heat (and humidity). While it "only" shows 93 F, with our humidity, the felt temperature sits at 110 F.

Florida is great, but unless you hang at the beach, you can't do much in this heat. And this **** lasts well over half a year, every year.

Trying to get my minivan build done, but the heat causes me to make mistakes, rush work, having to cool down in the house every 15 minutes. White t-shirt and a huge fan doesn't really help. T-shirts are wet within 10 min.

What's the point of this "awesome" weather when you can't do **** outside?!

What's the point of this "awesome" weather when you seek AC'd rooms and cars all the time?!

I either need a large shop with an AC, or I have to find another place to live.

If ya got a garage, Put a window AC in.  My buddy bought one of those Portable AC's when he's workin in his 12 ft. X 8 ft. shed.  Says it at least is bearable...

3 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

If ya got a garage, Put a window AC in.  My buddy bought one of those Portable AC's when he's workin in his 12 ft. X 8 ft. shed.  Says it at least is bearable...

Garage is not insulated and I will not park my car and truck in the backing sun of Florida. That's just moving problems around, not solving them.

4 minutes ago, crockett said:

Garage is not insulated and I will not park my car and truck in the backing sun of Florida. That's just moving problems around, not solving them.

My buddy's shed ain't insulated either, but that portable AC at least gets the inside down to about 83 which he says is workable...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Midea-7-000-BTU-10-000-BTU-ASHRAE-115V-Portable-Air-Conditioner-with-ComfortSense-Remote-White-MAP07R1WWT/238274032?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&&adid=22222222227417732729&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=503194928589&wl4=pla-907252882779&wl5=9011802&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=238274032&veh=sem&gclsrc=ds

152243ce-e31c-486d-8e98-a1a846e2c5a6.b804806b8e0089e00edc367760aab70a.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crockett said:

Getting tired of the bullshit rain as well!

It's either too hot, too humid, or it rains!

Florida is only good in the winter, up until the end of May.

Lived there 18 years, ending almost as many ago. I understand and appreciate both sides of the snowbird gimmick. Kinda like, grew up hating them, but now I wanna be one? Yeah. Siesta Key will always be home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m ready for fall.

I had a new furnace and AC unit installed in the attic. They cut some corners connecting the duct work. It was not blowing as cleanly as it should. But because it technically meets code they won’t fix it. I had to spend 4 hours in the attic at 122°f fixing things. But the house is much cooler now without straining the fan. 

I still have 120+ bags of concrete to pour this year but I’m waiting until the heat tops out about 80°. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

I’m ready for fall.

I had a new furnace and AC unit installed in the attic. They cut some corners connecting the duct work. It was not blowing as cleanly as it should. But because it technically meets code they won’t fix it. I had to spend 4 hours in the attic at 122°f fixing things. But the house is much cooler now without straining the fan. 

I still have 120+ bags of concrete to pour this year but I’m waiting until the heat tops out about 80°. 

Years ago FHA published what it called minimum standards for single family residential construction eligible for FHA loans. Most builders apparently treated this as maximum standards applicable only if caught. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Years ago FHA published what it called minimum standards for single family residential construction eligible for FHA loans. Most builders apparently treated this as maximum standards applicable only if caught. 

Years ago I bought a new home in Southern California and remember the builders always advertised, built to the latest code.  How dumb, all they are admitting to is they meet the minimum standards required required by law.

• Like 2