Cutting PIZZA

DAKA

We have PIZZA now and then and sometimes (amazingly) there are a few slices "left over"

So, here is the problem...How do you wrap pie shaped slices to freeze them?

Solution    Ask the pizza maker not to slice the pizza, buy your own pizza cutter...cut the pie in half, then cut 3" wide strips....eat as much as you want, wrap the (hopefully) left over pieces in foil, freeze.

Hungry in the middle of the night? 

Grab one, or 2 or ? into the toaster oven for a few minutes and VOILE  

ps Don't nuke them, they get soggy...

pps We buy 2 EXTRA LARGE and always have a few slices in the freezer...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAKA said:

We have PIZZA now and then and sometimes (amazingly) there are a few slices "left over"

So, here is the problem...How do you wrap pie shaped slices to freeze them?

Solution    Ask the pizza maker not to slice the pizza, buy your own pizza cutter...cut the pie in half, then cut 3" wide strips....eat as much as you want, wrap the (hopefully) left over pieces in foil, freeze.

Hungry in the middle of the night? 

Grab one, or 2 or ? into the toaster oven for a few minutes and VOILE  

ps Don't nuke them, they get soggy...

pps We buy 2 EXTRA LARGE and always have a few slices in the freezer...

What is "Leftover" pizza? :anim_lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

What is "Leftover" pizza? :anim_lol:

Leftover is more than 2 people can eat of an EXTRA LARGE about half....(plus the second extra large for the freezer)

37 minutes ago, crockett said:

1. Make your own, in square sheets.

2. Re-heat pizza in oven and kick the damn microwave to the landfill where it belongs.

Last night...

20210731_221609.jpg?width=596&height=132

20210731_224847.jpg?width=2882&height=12

Crockett,

You ate all that pizza by yourself?

What do you use for dough...I like Italian style, very thin crust extra crisp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAKA said:

Leftover is more than 2 people can eat of an EXTRA LARGE about half....(plus the second extra large for the freezer)

Crockett,

You ate all that pizza by yourself?

What do you use for dough...I like Italian style, very thin crust extra crisp.

I used to eat one sheet in one sitting, that is about 6,000 calories. There are 2 layers of cheese on my pizza.

These days each sheet is 3 portions. I eat 3 times pizza, 3 days in a row, and the other sheet goes cut up into the freezer.

My dough is made of the same 5 ingredients as proper Baguette.

- flour

- yeast

- salt

- hint of sugar to help the yeast grow

- warm water

No oil, no butter, no eggs, no preservatives or any other crap.

The dough has only one purpose in my pizza, hold all the self-made sauce, gouda, cheese, salami, red bell pepper AND PINEAPPLE together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OK. but NOT ON PIZZA 🥵

TOLERABLE Sausage, Pepperoni, Sliced tomatoes, Basil,    

Most "American" pizza has too much sauce and cheese...

I loved the Pizza just about anywhere in Italy or France...... Germany for some reason, not so much...(DE has other great foods)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tadbart said:

I think most pizza places will square cut your pies if you ask them to. 

Also, you godless heathens who put pineapple on your pizza are worse than that dude that burnt down the Bonhomme Richard.

That guy is going to go away...forever...

• Haha 1

A local restaurant would put a pizza out on the buffet with feta cheese on it.   Great taste as well as something different.   Most anything is good on a pizza except anchovies.   Really yucky.   Also pineapple is good, think they call it Hawaiian pizza.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 21 shooter said:

A local restaurant would put a pizza out on the buffet with feta cheese on it.   Great taste as well as something different.   Most anything is good on a pizza except anchovies.   Really yucky.   Also pineapple is good, think they call it Hawaiian pizza.  

I love anchovies.   Even eat them right out of the can.

They are wonderful on a peperoni and ham pizza.

You know Hawaii is an island.  It could be that pineapple on pizza occurred as a result of isolation.

Perhaps...we should keep the pineapple pizza isolated for that very reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

I love anchovies.   Even eat them right out of the can.

They are wonderful on a peperoni and ham pizza.

You know Hawaii is an island.  It could be that pineapple on pizza occurred as a result of isolation.

Perhaps...we should keep the pineapple pizza isolated for that very reason.

Anchovies right out of the can?  Fearless indeed.   I’m from the South, where anything is subject to be breaded, deep-fried and et.   

Hmmm, a pizza that escaped to the mainland.? Food for thought.  

1 hour ago, 21 shooter said:

Anchovies right out of the can?  Fearless indeed.   I’m from the South, where anything is subject to be breaded, deep-fried and et.   

Hmmm, a pizza that escaped to the mainland.? Food for thought.  

You can fry anchovies.  I use that as the base for a marinara sauce.

Start with mincing half a can of anchovies.   About three or flour cloves of garlic.   Brown garlic with olive oil...when almost finished add anchovies...cook and stir....add fresh diced tomatoes.   Cool on low for hours until sauce like...add fresh herbs and spices at the end....along with black olives and capers.

3 hours ago, Historian said:

You can fry anchovies.  I use that as the base for a marinara sauce.

Start with mincing half a can of anchovies.   About three or flour cloves of garlic.   Brown garlic with olive oil...when almost finished add anchovies...cook and stir....add fresh diced tomatoes.   Cool on low for hours until sauce like...add fresh herbs and spices at the end....along with black olives and capers.

DAMN History!!!  That sounds Fantastic!!!  All but the maters.  Not a real fan of tomatoes.  Will have to be tryin some of that!!!  :greensupergrin:  I can think of A LOT of places I'd put a dab of that!!  Scrambled Eggs in the morning?  Salads, sub sandwiches...Thanks Bro!!!

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

DAMN History!!!  That sounds Fantastic!!!  All but the maters.  Not a real fan of tomatoes.  Will have to be tryin some of that!!!  :greensupergrin:  I can think of A LOT of places I'd put a dab of that!!  Scrambled Eggs in the morning?  Salads, sub sandwiches...Thanks Bro!!!

Well you could do the same by making Alfredo sauce.  It's basically cream/half and half mixed with an equal amount of parmesan cheese.

But thank you.   That's an old family recipe.  If you don't like tomatoes because they are sour (not sweet) try a pinch of sugar to take some of the acid out.   Another option is to buy tomatoes from the farmer's market.  Those are fruits....where as what i found at the grocery store is usually produced by Spalding...sometimes Slazenger....

• Thanks 1