Interesting and funny Facts

Swampfox762

33 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

image.png.37cd3069130dea547e6e0c40f76516fd.png

I used to have this problem.  At work I dreaded having to give presentations.  It was a terror for me.  I would sweat and tremble and many times forget what I was talking about.

One time I had to give a presentation for my company to the Marines, Navy, and Air Force at McDonald Aircraft.  It was for the Avionics on the Advanced Tactical Fighter and the Joint Strike Fighter.

Just before the presentation, I heard that my company had a "killing spree" back home, laying off a hell of a lot of people.  I convinced myself that I was out of a job when I went home, so I had nothing to lose at the presentation.

The Mac Air Engineer hosting me asked if I wanted a couple of more practice runs of my tri-service presentation.  I said no.  I couldn't care what happened since I wouldn't have a job when I got home anyway.  The Hosting Engineer actually turned White at my remark.

On the third day I was there, I got up to give my presentation and I had no worries at all.  I had nothing more to lose.  It went very well.  Better than I could have hoped for since none of the Generals or Admirals could hurt me, and I didn't care if they would have tried.  (Some were advocates for the competition aircraft).

I held my ground and had no fear at all.  When I got home, I was congratulated, not fired.  After that I loved to give presentations in front of my peers.

I had realized that they could kill me, but they couldn't eat me!  And they came to hear what I had to say, not to dispute my qualifications to say it!

I had been fearful of public speaking for almost half my life before this.  Afterwards I considered presentations as vacations since I traveled to much of the Continental U.S. to speak.  I wouldn't have to come to work on the days I was traveling on business.  It was wonderful (for up to 4 days)

• Like 2