Interesting and funny Facts

Swampfox762

2 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

A single tiny hole in the bug carapace can kill for that reason. Diotamacious (sp) earth does this by shredding them on a microscopic scale.

Funny you should mention diatomaceous earth. I just applied DE to Mrs. G's Angel Trumpets (which are cuttings from my mom's, incidentally). We're having an infestation of wooly bear caterpillars and I'm hoping the DE will ruin their day. It's my understanding that DE physically breaks up the waxy outer layer of insects' exoskeleton, resulting in their dehydrating to death. I also sprinkled it liberally on several fire ant mounds we have. Here's hoping they all dry out nicely. :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Funny you should mention diatomaceous earth. I just applied DE to Mrs. G's Angel Trumpets (which are cuttings from my mom's, incidentally). We're having an infestation of wooly bear caterpillars and I'm hoping the DE will ruin their day. It's my understanding that DE physically breaks up the waxy outer layer of insects' exoskeleton, resulting in their dehydrating to death. I also sprinkled it liberally on several fire ant mounds we have. Here's hoping they all dry out nicely. :cheers:

Be more liberal than your Sotomayor Spreader can handle. It's recommended as an additive to pet food too, for the same reason. Of course, research that on an individual basis. People on the internet are crazy.

I won't pass up the opportunity to roll my enemies into broken glass, regardless of scale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1