COVID News and Commentary

Schmidt Meister

11 minutes ago, NPTim said:

I think we’re on the sunny side of it now. I also think we’re both long haulers.

The lady that helps manage the gym we go to hadn't been seen in a few days.  She has an elderly mother she take to dialysis so we didn't think much about it.  Turns out she is in the hospital on a ventilator, both her and her mother had got covid, both had two vaccine shots  mother got well and daughter got sicker.  She always wore a mask around the gym because she was afraid of giving her mother something.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

On 12/8/2021 at 8:55 AM, Huaco Kid said:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/12/08/bidens-surgeon-general-youth-facing-pandemic-mental-health-issues/

The solutions, of course, are much much more government interventions.  Nobody saw this coming.

Win!

Mabe the worst child abuse comes from forever telling children that they are going to suffer and die from every little chicken expert telling them that the worst will happen to them. 

Maybe they don't hear enough positive things about their country, life, environment, fellow beings. 

Feed a person enough dire news and they will believe that to lessen their suffering they might as well call it quits now!

Idiots are constantly telling us the sky is falling in without time for us to digest the truth or fiction, resulting in a feeling of fatalism and futility.

When people think they have nothing else to lose they will take out their frustrations on "someone".  Congratulations to our teachers and politicians for never giving the population an ounce of hope.  Preach despair and many will believe you.

F**k the experts.  Do something yourself.  You control your own destiny, not someone else.  Someone else will only try to convince you that you have no control, only they do.  F*ck them!  Do something!  You control everything!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

98955796_10222880053735606_2726585135175565312_n.jpg?w=960

Early on I took maybe the first flu vaccine. Got the flu and was fairly Ill. That was it for me, to the point my doctor just gave up offering. My experience with that flu vaccine caused me to reject the idea of being jabbed for COVID. Initially I was casual about my rejection, but the more pressure was applied the more certain I became that rejecting the jab was correct for me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My wife gets the Flu easily and every year.  Many times, she has been in the hospital because of it.  I take care of her always and I never got the Flu.  I make no claims other than I simply don't get it.

When the vaccines came out, I insisted she get them each year.  I don't remember any year when she didn't get the Flu, but she didn't need the hospital since then.

She won't get her shots unless I get them too.  I now get them even though I have no faith in them.  However, I still don't get the Flu.

My doctor asked me about getting Covid shots when they first came out.  I told him that since I consider Covid a form of the Flu and I never get the Flu I don't believe I would get Covid either.  He told me I could be right.

However, my wife is another story.  I worry about her and have her get the shots in spite of the fact that we have not altered our lifestyle the least little bit for a year and a half since Covid became "popular".  We constantly go out for dinner and often for just coffee and a good time at local restaurants.  We haven't changed our lifestyle at all.

I finally relented and asked her to get the shots for Covid since she seemed to have a proclivity for Influenza, as a precaution.  She said she would only if I got them too.  So, I did.

Neither of us have had any reaction to them and I still believe that they are a waste of time and effort for me.  My wife hasn't had any problem either this year.  Obviously, we fall into the old age high risk group by government definition.

I have habitually loaded her and myself up on Multi-Vitamins especially Zinc.  I do attribute the Vitamins and Zinc to our lack of Covid.  Our whole extended family has had Covid and some more than once.  But all easily delt with it and required no hospitalization.

I am not a believer!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My wife gets the Flu easily and every year.  Many times, she has been in the hospital because of it.  I take care of her always and I never got the Flu.  I make no claims other than I simply don't get it.

When the vaccines came out, I insisted she get them each year.  I don't remember any year when she didn't get the Flu, but she didn't need the hospital since then.

She won't get her shots unless I get them too.  I now get them even though I have no faith in them.  However, I still don't get the Flu.

My doctor asked me about getting Covid shots when they first came out.  I told him that since I consider Covid a form of the Flu and I never get the Flu I don't believe I would get Covid either.  He told me I could be right.

However, my wife is another story.  I worry about her and have her get the shots in spite of the fact that we have not altered our lifestyle the least little bit for a year and a half since Covid became "popular".  We constantly go out for dinner and often for just coffee and a good time at local restaurants.  We haven't changed our lifestyle at all.

I finally relented and asked her to get the shots for Covid since she seemed to have a proclivity for Influenza, as a precaution.  She said she would only if I got them too.  So, I did.

Neither of us have had any reaction to them and I still believe that they are a waste of time and effort for me.  My wife hasn't had any problem either this year.  Obviously, we fall into the old age high risk group by government definition.

I have habitually loaded her and myself up on Multi-Vitamins especially Zinc.  I do attribute the Vitamins and Zinc to our lack of Covid.  Our whole extended family has had Covid and some more than once.  But all easily delt with it and required no hospitalization.

I am not a believer!

These have been a mainstay of my medical routine for several years. Walmart specifics (genetics?) and inexpensive. 

0A12D1CA-58CB-4AD6-8B38-C5FC8BE26F57.jpeg

76FCD017-5F4D-420D-B04C-D71AB3AC2A52.jpeg

6CD59DCC-0667-498E-8259-7ADF342E5654.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2021 at 9:43 AM, NPTim said:

Yeah, no. I didn’t give a **** and it proceeded to whip my ass.

I didn't give a **** either, and it almost killed me. Only 10 days in the hospital and 8 weeks out of work. Are you going to get vaxxed, Tim? I'm scared to, and scared not to.

• Like 4

On 12/11/2021 at 9:43 AM, NPTim said:

Yeah, no. I didn’t give a **** and it proceeded to whip my ass.

Were you unvaccinated?

On 12/11/2021 at 11:49 AM, Schmidt Meister said:

I have probably posted memes along the same lines and I wish to apologize for any offence you may feel towards those. I try to never deny the existence of the virus because my wife and I have had it too and it smoked us. I try to only post memes denigrating the vaccine "mandates." I truly hope you and your wife are recovering totally. 

Were you unvaccinated?

I'm against the mandates, but I got one dose of the J&J "one and done" and so far, so good. I'm not eager to take a second dose or a booster at this point.

I don't wear a mask because I think fresh air helps, as does avoiding sick people.  We all should have freedom of choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MDLOTT said:

I didn't give a **** either, and it almost killed me. Only 10 days in the hospital and 8 weeks out of work. Are you going to get vaxxed, Tim? I'm scared to, and scared not to.

I wasn’t in the hospital, my wife should have been, but she is super stubborn. Neither of us are going to get jabbed, except at, literally, gun point. This is a personal decision, to my way of thinking, God gave me a functional immune  system, I’ll stick with that. That and access to ivermectin and HCQ. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Were you unvaccinated?

Were you unvaccinated?

I'm against the mandates, but I got one dose of the J&J "one and done" and so far, so good. I'm not eager to take a second dose or a booster at this point.

I don't wear a mask because I think fresh air helps, as does avoiding sick people.  We all should have freedom of choice.

My wife and I are both unvaxxed. And we will remain unvaxxed.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

When my bottle of Equate runs out, I'll pay more to get the Centrum brand  because it doesn't say Product of China on the label.  

My wife and I have been taking Centrum Silver for years. During times of stress or sickness sometimes we will take extra Zinc and Vitamin C. I'm not sure it made a difference, (because I'm not a doctor) but if everything I've been reading is true the extra zinc was a good choice.

• Like 4