COVID News and Commentary

Schmidt Meister

Dan Bongino goes all in to resist the mandate, despite being vaccinated himself.

His radio syndicator Cumulus is forcing vaccines on workers, and has announced that he'll leave Cumulus unless they drop the mandate.

"You can have me or you can have the mandate. But you can't have both of us."

https://twitter.com/TheFirstonTV/status/1450140856120446976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1450140856120446976%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Face.mu.nu%2F

Bongino has Rush Limbaugh's time-slot. He has 300 syndicated stations.

So he'd be walking away from real money if he carries through on his threat.

In late May, the massively influential radio network Westwood One debuted a new daily talk show from Dan Bongino, a former Secret Service agent and New York City cop who gained stature in conservative media during the presidency of Donald Trump. The show occupies the noon-3 p.m. time slot once dominated by Rush Limbaugh, setting Bongino up as one of the key challengers for his audience.

Within two months, the show had reached distribution on more than 300 stations, which the company described as "impressive growth."

Now, Bongino is threatening to walk away completely. He has taken issue with a vaccination mandate imposed in August by Westwood One's owner, Cumulus Media. Chief executive Mary Berner gave all employees until Sept. 27 to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus before an expected return to the office and wrote that "it would neither be fair nor do we have the bandwidth to make exceptions based on individual preferences," according to industry publication Inside Radio.

Several Cumulus radio hosts have already quit or been terminated because of a stated preference not to be vaccinated for personal or medical reasons, and Bongino is threatening to join them. Though the host's team says that he has been vaccinated on the advice of his doctors because he has Hodgkin's lymphoma, Bongino is objecting to a mandate on behalf of rank-and-file employees who don't want to get vaccinated.

"I'm not really happy with the company I work with right here," Bongino told listeners on Monday. "I believe these vaccine mandates are unethical. I believe they're immoral. I believe they don't take into account the science of natural immunity due to a prior infection. I believe they’re broad-based and don't take into account an individual circumstances of why they may or may not want to take a vaccine. And they're antithetical to everything I believe in."

"So, I'll say again, I'm not going to let this go," Bongino added. "Cumulus is going to have to make a decision with me, if they want to continue this partnership or they don't. But I'm talking to you on their airwaves. They don't have to let that happen. And I wouldn't mind if they didn’t. Because its really unfortunate that people with a lower profile than me, who don’t have 300-plus stations, have been summarily either shown the door or been put in really untenable circumstances because they simply want to make a medical decision by themselves."

If Cumulus Media does not relax the vaccination mandate, "this is going to be an entirely untenable situation going forward," said Bongino, who promised to revisit the subject every day until it is addressed.

If he leaves the network, Bongino would be the most prominent conservative media personality to quit a job over a vaccination mandate. Cumulus has not replied to emails from The Washington Post seeking comment.

This is what it takes: Not hashtags, but a few gutsy men willing to walk away from real money to vindicate a vital principle.

Bongino isn't effing around generally: he's also cancelling sponsors for snuggling up to fascist terrorist group antifa.

A leftist group pressured a security company called SimpliSafe to stop advertising on the Post-Millennial, because the Post-Millennial dared to pay Andy Ngo as a reporter. And the leftist group didn't like Andy Ngo reporting on antifa's violence and terror tactics.

Note that Dan Bongino wasn't being boycotted by SimpliSafe. They were advertising with him.

But to protest SimpliSafe's pro-terrorist boycott of the Post-Millennial, Bongino cancelled them.

"I had this sponsor, SimpliSafe, and they're a great company, I have no problem with the company at all," Bongino said. However, he noted the to-do with The Post Millennial and the details surrounding it ...

Enter Jammi, who Bongino described as an individual who sits "in her basement, eating Mallomars, feeding her cats" and "in between that she likes to initiate boycotts of conservative websites, which is quite hilarious."

"So, cat-lady writes ... 'confirm: SimpliSafe is blocking its ads from The Post Millennial,'" Bongino said ...

"Post Millennial may not have the assets I do," Bongino continued, "or the resources, or the time, or the 'go f*** yourself attitude' I have. I'm sure they do, but they don't have the assets to fight back that I do, which are substantial, thanks to people like Nandini."

So, SimpliSafe can consider itself canceled from Bongino's platforms.

"When you push me, I push back. You tell me to stop talking, I talk more," Bongino said. "I thought, wouldn’t it be a good idea if we then told SimpliSafe 'you better retract that'? Well, they haven't yet, so we canceled them."

More. More like this. More please, and quickly. Time is running out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A second chain of In-N-Out Burger has been closed down by county authorities in California after it refused to go along with enforcing proof of vaccination orders.

The Washington Times reports that the restaurant in Pleasant Hill has been indefinitely closed by Contra Costa County health officials after ignoring orders to verify vaccine status or proof of a negative COVID-19 test among diners.

The report notes that the restaurant did display mandated signage detailing the requirements, but has refused to enforce the mandate.

As we previously reported, In-N-Out Burger is rebelling against what it calls the “clear overreach” of COVID-19 mandates by insisting “we refuse to be the vaccination police.”

A San Francisco branch of the burger chain was shut down on October 14 before being reopened but only for takeout and outdoor service.

In-N-Out Burger’s chief legal and business officer Arnie Wensinger said in a statement that “As a Company, In-N-Out Burger strongly believes in the highest form of customer service and to us that means serving all Customers who visit us and making all Customers feel welcome.”

Further describing the proof of vaccine mandate as a “clear governmental overreach,” as well as “intrusive, improper, and offensive,” Wensinger urged that “We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government,” and “It is unreasonable, invasive, and unsafe to force our restaurant associates to segregate customers into those who may be served and those who may not, whether based on the documentation they carry, or any other reason.”

https://summit.news/2021/10/27/another-in-n-out-burger-shut-down-for-refusing-to-be-vaccine-police/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1