COVID News and Commentary

Schmidt Meister

Comedian, UFC analyst and the world's most popular podcaster Joe Rogan, recently hosted CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta on his show. 

During the interview, Rogan took Gupta to task over CNN anchors repeatedly lying about his use of Ivermectin to treat Wuhan coronavirus. The discussion took place in Rogan's Texas studio, and Gupta is seen squirming in his chair as Rogan repeatedly asked him why, as a doctor, he never corrected false claims that Ivermectin was only for use as a horse dewormer. 

"Do you think that's a problem that your news network lies? Dude, they lied and said I was taking horse dewormer," Rogan said. "It was prescribed to me by a doctor." 

"They shouldn't have called it that," Gupta said. 

"Why did they do that? You didn't ask? You're the medical guy over there," Rogan followed up. "It's defamatory. It's a lie."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/10/14/joe-rogan-calling-out-cnn-and-gupta-n2597425

If you just want to watch the video:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At this point in time, ANYONE who dismissively and sarcastically refers to Ivermectin simply as a 'horse dewormer' is a science denier and most likely a stupid m*th*r-f**ker. Throw it back in their face like Rogan did to Gupta.

In 2015, Ivermectin won a Nobel Prize and is credited with helping billions of people around the world with a number of infections. From NobelPrize.org:

William C. Campbell, an expert in parasite biology working in the USA, acquired Omura’s Streptomyces cultures and explored their efficacy. Campbell showed that a component from one of the cultures was remarkably efficient against parasites in domestic and farm animals. The bioactive agent was purified and named Avermectin, which was subsequently chemically modified to a more effective compound called Ivermectin. Ivermectin was later tested in humans with parasitic infections and effectively killed parasite larvae (microfilaria) (Figure 3). Collectively, Omura and Campbell’s contributions led to the discovery of a new class of drugs with extraordinary efficacy against parasitic diseases.

The discoveries of Avermectin and Artemisinin have fundamentally changed the treatment of parasitic diseases. Today the Avermectin-derivative Ivermectin is used in all parts of the world that are plagued by parasitic diseases. Ivermectin is highly effective against a range of parasites, has limited side effects and is freely available across the globe. The importance of Ivermectin for improving the health and wellbeing of millions of individuals with River Blindness and Lymphatic Filariasis, primarily in the poorest regions of the world, is immeasurable. Treatment is so successful that these diseases are on the verge of eradication, which would be a major feat in the medical history of humankind. Malaria infects close to 200 million individuals yearly. Artemisinin is used in all Malaria-ridden parts of the world. When used in combination therapy, it is estimated to reduce mortality from Malaria by more than 20% overall and by more than 30% in children. For Africa alone, this means that more than 100 000 lives are saved each year.

The discoveries of Avermectin and Artemisinin have revolutionized therapy for patients suffering from devastating parasitic diseases. Campbell, Omura and Tu have transformed the treatment of parasitic diseases. The global impact of their discoveries and the resulting benefit to mankind are immeasurable.

• Like 6

On 10/11/2021 at 10:09 PM, ChuteTheMall said:

5q36kv.jpg

Does it spread thru the air? Does it spread on surfaces? If anyone knew the truth, would they tell it?

The truth, Komrade, is what we say it is.  A few months in our covid prison, er, re-education, uh, containment  “camp”will clear this up for you.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, NPTim said:

So this conflicts with the abortion issue. “My body, my choice.” Though not quite equal in that a life that can not communicate is involved.

Not really. Claiming that abortion is about choice is just to muddy the issue, it's a false pretense to build an illogical argument with a veneer of validity.

The heart of the abortion issue is if our society values itself, values it's future, hence valuing our children. We have been overcome by the pull of short term greed, how can I get more for me now. We have indoctrinated our children to think they came from monkeys, they are killing the planet, science will make them live forever, it's hopelessness and greed rolled into a weird blunt of disfunctionalism.

I've often thought the conservatives shouldn't try to stop abortion, they should just have more kids themselves, the problem of selfish people will self-correct in about two generations that way. I watched "good Christian" moms put their two kids in daycare so they could go picket abortion clinics! The churches wanted to ban abortion, while all the members were using all kinds of birth control to stop at one or two kids, or even no kids.

Now we are being told we have to import workers. 

Way to **** up, society.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1