COVID News and Commentary

Schmidt Meister

11 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

1%2B%252878%2529.jpg

None, none, and none 

Early on I lost my oldest cousin supposedly to COVID, although he had a number of comorbidities. About a year later my son-in-law lost a much younger cousin supposedly to COVID. Couple friends in another state were treated for COVID - fortunately no ventilators - and have recovered. No other friends and family involved with COVID so far as I know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

Since we talk a lot about vaccines and science I have a somewhat relevant question. Did Dr. Salk or Dr. Sabin have patents or other financial interests in the polio vaccines they developed?

Per WSJ…

Salk and Sabin Ended Polio Epidemic Without Patents

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

If I may. Doesn't this whole thing, pro and con, feels like a shakedown?

Let me put it another way. Some Mafia guys could definitely say, "Why didn't we think of this before?".

Just sayin'.

Words to that effect have been put in Capone’s mouth with respect to the Clinton Foundation. How much more so for this. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Words to that effect have been put in Capone’s mouth with respect to the Clinton Foundation. How much more so for this. 

We are dealing with information overload, unlike anything experienced before.

Too many vested interests at play.

My best friend in Tampa (RIP) would have said, "What a wonderful opportunity to make a couple of bucks!".

• Like 1

Regardless of what you think about the Covid-19 the fact is this: it has presented a global public private partnership with the perfect opportunity to reset the global economy. The social, economic, political and even cultural changes it has wrought dovetail precisely with those we must adopt to transition to the proposed carbon neutral economy.  How do we have a carbon neutral economy, wind turbines and solar panels aren't exactly carbon neutral.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Paul53 said:

In case I didn't clarify, I'm here to inform, not argue. I suggest what science has told the healthcare providers which is the best choice. Each person has free will to choose, but in the end we all die. I am sharing what I'm told will help to live a longer, healthier life. No matter your choice, I wish you all a long healthy life, and that none of you ever have to suffer saying "But nobody warned me."

That smells like a load to me. In another thread you were giving us a line about how anybody not getting jabbed was putting others at risk, and you were upset they were not getting in line so your life could get back to normal.

You are not telling anyone anything they haven't heard already. You're not some pious missionary on a errand of mercy. Stop couching yourself in delusions of benevolence to the peons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2