COVID News and Commentary

Schmidt Meister

9 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

How do I fix the spread out comment in my above post? What am I doing wrong? Sometimes I spend 10 minutes trying to repair my comments so they aren't spread out over half a page ....?

I use an iPhone.

If the blinking vertical line is touching the last character when I hit “return” I get this spacing - a single blank line. 

If I put a space after the last character I get zero blank lines when I hit return. Hitting return a second time gives two blank lines.

Normally I hit return with no spaces after the last character and get the single blank line. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Clapton - music and politics…

It has taken awhile, but I can in most cases enjoy music or acting from someone whose political beliefs are anathema to me.

In most cases… some have made their political beliefs such an intregal part of their  performances I can no longer enjoy them.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I use an iPhone.

If the blinking vertical line is touching the last character when I hit “return” I get this spacing - a single blank line. 

If I put a space after the last character I get zero blank lines when I hit return. Hitting return a second time gives two blank lines.

Normally I hit return with no spaces after the last character and get the single blank line. 

Most of the time when I have abnormal spacing I will go in to edit and remove all spaces, even going so far as to delete ALL spaces between lines and when I hit 'submit' sometimes it will space the lines out like that. Confused as to what is happening. Oh well ...

• Confused 1

On 1/17/2022 at 8:29 AM, railfancwb said:

How many people - from other customers to stockers to warehouse workers etc - handled the goods before this customer put them in her basket?

Also, the carts.  Every business I have been in has discontinued "sanitizing" the carts.  So, between the merchandise and the staff, you have touched damned near the whole clientele of that business.

• Like 5